[Official] MGSV: The Phantom Pain Thread: GOTY Edition.

SupaHotIce

All Star
Daps
Breh listen to the truth tapes specifically Ocelot and Big Boss conversation...

Ocelot tells you Ahab is not some random surgeon, dude was Big Boss best and most trusted soldier in the MSF guerrilla unit...That's why he was even on Big Boss chopper in GZ...

The way I see it Ahab is Kobe...Big Boss is Jordan...Kojima just did a really shytty job explaining that in the previous games...

Top soldier and we're only hearing of him now :comeon:

You dont see why the ending is disliked? :comeon:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I need to use more of my artillery. I carry all that shyt around and the only things I use on a consistent basis are the magazines and the silencer pistol.

oh yea and DD/ CQC. I unlocked dwalker last night but honestly, id rather have DD. He's clutch. sniffs people out, and distracts them while I get away or line up a head shot.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
I just did the [Extreme] variant of the tank mission last night and got a S Ranking doing the following:

• Equip D horse, some C4 and a tank (the biggest one)
  • Deploy at the northern point
  • Park the tank horizontally in the predicted route of the northern point so its blocking the route
  • put d horse on the south side of the tank in the road
  • wait
  • the tanks will one by one stop in front of d horse honking for him to move out of the way
  • when they stop run up and fulton they ass outta there
  • repeat for the other tanks, hostage and supply truck
  • for the last couple since they're close together you do the same think but lay C4 down so you blow one up and fulton the last
  • the tank is there to stop the vehicles in case you don't get to them fast enough when d horse initially stops them
:win:

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
:shaq::shaq::shaq::shaq:
If you fought the female snipers already
8nhzX8k.jpg

I replayed Code Talker last night because I just wanted to get the blueprint for the Upgraded/Suppressed Sinful Butterfly and killed em...I'm going to go for the extraction tonight :steviej:

Has anyone used the Battle Gear yet? I just got the word that its been completed, then Ocelot said that I need to send my staff on a deployment using it for a field test but I don't have any deployment missions in my queue that utilize it.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
I had to do some extra reading, and from what I've read the shyt you still will carry over to your offline experience

So lets you have 0 fuel resources and you stil steal some, those resources can be used for your MB and/or your FOB that you will use for online purposes anyway..and technically offline because people can attack you while your offline

If I'm wrong someone chip in
I've only been attacked once offline and that was the introduction to FOBs, it hasn't happened since.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
crazy how i just realized in side ops u can go guns blazing in story mode it kinda pissed me off that everything had to be stealth but i get S's and A's tho ima gonna show u guys a clip how i beat the skulls i doubt many ppl did it how i did but it was pretty funny
You're not required to go non-lethal to get a S ranking. You need a score of 130,000 or more. That's it. I've gone in combat alert and still got a S ranking :manny:

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Konami put out a statement saying i you use Quiet on mission 29 or 42 you could corrupt your save file permanently.
Yeah I saw that, is this the mission with you fighting the Skulls at the airport while protecting Code Talker? If so then I used her...and I must have lucked out :patrice:

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
You can get her killed permanently ?

For real?:wtf:

Makes no sense cause it's a global save file. You'd have to erase your save to start over.
I heard that you fight her again
that's where her Sniper Wolf outfit comes in
and maybe it can happen there.

But in the initial fight in the ruins, I guess you can kill her when Venom points his gun at her....if you pull the trigger at least. :manny:

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
I heard that you fight her again
that's where her Sniper Wolf outfit comes in
and maybe it can happen there.

But in the initial fight in the ruins, I guess you can kill her when Venom points his gun at her....if you pull the trigger at least. :manny:
Other dude made it seem like she died on deployment though on a regular mission.

I didn't think you could lose a buddy permanently just by using them on a mission.

Maybe I'm wrong but that'd be kinda wack cause in order to do any side ops with them or use them in the future you'd have to delete your entire save.

I hope there's no permanent fail state like that. I was hopin to be able to use her still after I beat the story regardless of what happens.