[Official] MGSV: The Phantom Pain Thread: GOTY Edition.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
So.... whats this FoB shyt y'all keep talking about? :beli:
FOBs are Forward Operating Bases...I don't know the details because I'm having trouble updating the game so I can play online but you basically utilize your combat staff to go on multiple missions to get a bunch of GMP, resources and additional staff. My understanding is that you can only construct and manage them while playing online. Plus you can raid other player's FOBs to steal their resources and soldiers, while actively protecting yours from invading players.

If you don't connect online you can only have two active missions for your staff which I'm sure dampens the rate at which you garner gwoup and resources.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Fam you haven't even gotten to the tip of the tip of the iceberg. :whew:

I will admit that I thought the same thing though. (FYI do the important side ops sooner than later)

Breh you just got the damn game and already on mission 31, how in the hell did you manage that. I had to take a break from it this weekend, I literally did not do anything but play it on Friday. Even then I just finished mission 11(12?) and got the go ahead to go to Africa.

At this rate youll 100% the game this week :wow:

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Yo how long is this?? I'm close to 40 hours and I'm still on mission 16 I think.
Its very long...since you asked:

There are 31 episodes/missions in the first part of the game. I beat that last night. Then after all of the cutscenes and whatnot, the second part of the game starts and it has another 14 missions (6 are main missions and 8 are important/unique side ops. Some of the story missions will be locked with their availability contingent on your progress with the side ops. Furthermore, these missions moving forward will be more difficult with even handicaps I think (like a mission fail if you get spotted).

Last edited:

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Breh you just got the damn game and already on mission 31, how in the hell did you manage that. I had to take a break from it this weekend, I literally did not do anything but play it on Friday. Even then I just finished mission 11(12?) and got the go ahead to go to Africa.

At this rate youll 100% the game this week :wow:
I Did Not Sleep:wutdawg:

I don't even want to talk about the GMP I have and have spent. Yet there's still so much that I need to unlock :wow:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I Did Not Sleep:wutdawg:

I don't even want to talk about the GMP I have and have spent. Yet there's still so much that I need to unlock :wow:

Breh answer me this, is there anyway to unlock a silencer mod for the tranq sniper? or is there a better model later on with one?

Im doing no kills and would really appreciate a tranq snipe that didn't alert the whole damn neighbor hood every time I shot it.:francis:

dontreadthis

philly.
Daps
Random music plays in the cell quiet is in on the medical platform
I thought that was hilarious. they got her locked up, "torturing" Quiet with loud music playing 24/7. lol did you peep the signs around her cell area that some of the motherbase soldiers defaced?

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
How do you take showers? I:lupe:

Im cover in BLOOD:damn:
If you're with Quiet and you're bloody after a while then return to Mother Base, she'll offer to shower with you.

When you're bloody and spend a long time away from Mother Base Snake will have a Blood Bag tied to him intravenously in the ACC. If you're not bloody but still spend a long time away, you'll instead have an IV drip attached in the ACC. :mjlol:

Oh and if you don't shower (while bloody especially) eventually your reflex time goes down, enemies can smell you (you'll even have flies buzzing around you) and your health goes down as well.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
So should we just not recruit while we're in africa or is the quarantine shyt just something you cant avoid because of volunteers

Looking like you can't avoid it. I've removed every single person that will get infected and moved them to the waiting room to test this. Yet I still get them through volunteers and when I fulton soldiers since you can't see their language.

So I just moved everyone to where they are and then I'll just deal with the micromanaging when it's time to quarantine. I got a bad feeling I'm about to lose a lot of people of over it. :mjcry:

I just got to this point in the game and :snoop:

Playing a mission and your departments are just leveling down while you're trying to get to the bottom of the shyt.

To stop the rate of infection before you get the cure, you have to look at the language of all the soldiers from your Staff Development - All Staff menu. The infection is spread through language. Its different for every player but the language is the common denominator. To figure that out, after Ocelot sets up the Quarantine check to see the language spoken by the infected soldiers in quarantine...the one language that is spoken by all of them is the language that is infecting Mother Base. In my case it was the Kikongo language. So I literally went to the All Staff menu and selected over 200 something soldiers that spoke Kikongo and sent them to be quarantined (I know shyt was frustrating but worth it in the end :manny:). After I did that I got a message from Ocelot saying that the rate of infection has dropped drastically. Additionally, if you want to reduce the number of casualties, then keep playing story missions until you get the cure then you'll be aaight after the cutscene that explains that everything's aaight. I ended up losing 7 soldiers total :win: By the way the cassette tapes and cutscene from the Devil's House clue you into this.

But yeah, I must have been lucky because I didn't have many Kikongo volunteers :heh:

Last edited:

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Breh answer me this, is there anyway to unlock a silencer mod for the tranq sniper? or is there a better model later on with one?

Im doing no kills and would really appreciate a tranq snipe that didn't alert the whole damn neighbor hood every time I shot it.:francis:
Better start using walker gear friend. I laid down 5 dudes with tranq from 90 meters while they were puzzled as to what was happening