[Official] MGSV: The Phantom Pain Thread: GOTY Edition.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I don't like grinding to find fuel resources to upgrade my base :beli:

Gotta about 40 soldiers waiting to get put on and I can't because of these damn fuel resources :damnno:

Afghan Central Base and the Airport in Africa has lots of resource containers.

Run up in there with Quiet and chopper support, then fulton them shyts while the enemey AI gets fukked:youngsabo:

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Afghan Central Base and the Airport in Africa has lots of resource containers.

Run up in there with Quiet and chopper support, then fulton them shyts while the enemey AI gets fukked:youngsabo:
My nikka you were not lying at all. Just went in with quiet and captured the entire base :whoo:

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
I have never in my fukking life..seen a game..or played a game like this
this is greatest game I have ever fukkING played in my entire life
neg me i don't give a shyt, ive played almost everything and anything from atari up to now
this is the greatest game in the last 5 or more years
:dwillhuh:better than streets of rage 2:to:

chemicalsword

winter is coming
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Starkset...
How is that a spoiler? There's no spoilers here. It's known you can use characters within a few minutes in game.
Edit: Nevermind even if you use a recruit in a mission, the cutscenes show Snake instead. I guess that's good enough. I thought they'd straight up refer to a generic character as Snake ruining the immersion.

found a photo during a side op while playing as a character. went to see Paz immediately after and she was calling me Snake when I was clearly someone else. i did have a mask on but still...

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
Just picked up the honey bee last night....died like 5 times.:mjcry:

.got family in town so cant really play til tomorrow

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
found a photo during a side op while playing as a character. went to see Paz immediately after and she was calling me Snake when I was clearly someone else. i did have a mask on but still...
I guess because that cutscene was still in real time vs a cut scene that happens while the game loads a new scene.

For Brehs on the "Lingua Franca" mission" I think Mission 13...What the hell I gotta do?? Nothing is happening and the interpreter is just standing in a room with another guard. I held him up and asked him what's up and he said the interrogation starts at night. I then fulton'd him and then Miller(or Ocelot) said I'll just have to interrogate the guy myself and it showed where on the map he is.. I'm at that exact spot and it's nothing showing there just another guard that doesn't speak English..

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I guess because that cutscene was still in real time vs a cut scene that happens while the game loads a new scene.

For Brehs on the "Lingua Franca" mission" I think Mission 13...What the hell I gotta do?? Nothing is happening and the interpreter is just standing in a room with another guard. I held him up and asked him what's up and he said the interrogation starts at night. I then fulton'd him and then Miller(or Ocelot) said I'll just have to interrogate the guy myself and it showed where on the map he is.. I'm at that exact spot and it's nothing showing there just another guard that doesn't speak English..

I found that dude on pure luck. He was being walked to the location by a guard when DD marked them both, I put the guard to sleep and fulton'd the interpreter. DD will help you big time on this mission as he marks everyone in the area while you scout.

My nikka you were not lying at all. Just went in with quiet and captured the entire base :whoo:

:salute: No problem.

I got to updgrade some of my units farming those two places. :wow:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I found that dude on pure luck. He was being walked to the location by a guard when DD marked them both, I put the guard to sleep and fulton'd the interpreter. DD will help you big time on this mission as he marks everyone in the area while you scout.

At the start?? I saw dude being dragged walked but Intel said that's not the dude. I got him fulton'd out of there anyway but I'm talking about the actual Viscount prisoner I guess.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
At the start?? I saw dude being dragged walked but Intel said that's not the dude. I got him fulton'd out of there anyway but I'm talking about the actual Viscount prisoner I guess.

There's at least 3 optional prisoners you can extract. The first I got was being driven on a jeep, there was a broad in a cage (zoologist) guarded by two mooks and a random guy near the anti-aircraft satellite iirc. Once I fulton'd the Interrogator I found the Viscount being walked to the interrogation location I forget where from though or I didn't take notice since I wanted to finish the mission asap before everything went to shyt :manny:. Best way I can show you is if I replay and record that mission.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There's at least 3 optional prisoners you can extract. The first I got was being driven on a jeep, there was a broad in a cage (zoologist) guarded by two mooks and a random guy near the anti-aircraft satellite iirc. Once I fulton'd the Interrogator I found the Viscount being walked to the interrogation location I forget where from though or I didn't take notice since I wanted to finish the mission asap before everything went to shyt :manny:. Best way I can show you is if I replay and record that mission.
I already fulton'd the interrogator. The intel is telling me to interrogate someone but there's no one else here at the location marked on my idroid. I guess I'll just look around...

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
Damn mission 16 was a bytch.

Kept waiting at the end of the route with a rocket launcher to take the tanks out then tried shootin the driver then taking the truck, never worked.

Eventually I got the truck but had no horse and tried running from those Skulls on foot, they kept fukkin me up.

After I figured out the truck starts at the airport I restarted the mission with my horse, went right to the airport, tranqed the 4 guards on the truck. Spawned the Skulls and ran and fultoned the truck with no fukks given, called my horse and dipped out. I just kept riding until I left the mission area and even though the Skulls followed me once I was outt've the red the mission was complete. S Rank :whew: