[Official] MGSV: The Phantom Pain Thread: GOTY Edition.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My problem is everyone I choke and CQC gets out of stun in 2 minutes...I started sniping with the M16 and knifing cause I was tired of nikkas I KO'd sounding alarms on me...The problem with this strategy is the more you kill, the guards in towns and up quadrupling...:francis:

So far I am not too impressed with the missions, I'm a bout 7% in and every mission is either kill this guy, save this prisoner or fulton this guy...It's really repetitive but the guards aren't retarded like previous MGS games...It was really easy not to kill anybody in MGS 3 and 4...They spot me from like 40 yards away crouching now...and if you make a sound your done...
You see the thing here is this game truly offers emergent gameplay with a world that's designed around that sort of gameplay philosophy. It's why you got this big ass over world that's seemingly empty but then you realize the enemy bases and mission areas are in that same world so it offers a gigantic playing field with truly MANY ways to tackle it. I haven't yet felt like the game "forced" me to beat a mission one way or the other. I just did what i felt like doing and if it worked it worked. Mission 6's level(I'm still on it right now) is truly a testament to this as it is literally HUGE. I spent at least 40 minutes playing around with the guards near the bridge area. I then decided to back out a bit and then go under the bridge and take a few dudes out and leave the bridge intact. Disabled some comms and whatnot and now i'm NOW heading towards my mission objective area. Any other game would've had you in a tiny level with predetermined paths that says "Go here and do this" and it has to be done that way or else mission fail. Not to mention this is not even counting the time of day, tools you've got, weather etc that also plays a role. :wow:

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:mjcry: if this just mission 6 imagine the final missions

i barely made it out breh :wow:
I'm near the item I need but it's this chopper circling the area :wow:. Now it's this reddish area that just looks beautiful.

Edit: Man I'm lying Afghan got some beautiful bases at night. The base I'm at now is just :wow: I feel like a damn BOSS right here.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
In still trying to wonder why quiet name is quiet when snake is just as silent :snoop:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I had to chicken hat mission 6 after spending all day trying to beat it :snoop:

I fukking suck at this game. I want to go stealthy and tried with mission 6, but shyt seems impossible. I just want the tranq sniper rifle, but can't get it yet. The game is frustrating me. I need to watch some walk-throughs. I just fukking suck. I haven't been this bad at a game in so long. I guess I just can't think stealthy :manny:
I haven't done that mission yet. but in general try to take your time, and scope everything out before you move in. when it seems like you marked everyone, just know there's probable a few stragglers lurking out of sight. watch enemy movement patterns and look for openings. usually when I get spotted it's because I got impatient and/or sloppy

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I haven't done that mission yet. but in general try to take your time, and scope everything out before you move in. when it seems like you marked everyone, just know there's probable a few stragglers lurking out of sight. watch enemy movement patterns and look for openings. usually when I get spotted it's because I got impatient and/or sloppy
I've marked everybody and still couldn't figure a way through. I'm also too busy trying to float as many people up as I can. If I just avoided them, it probably would be easier. But, I just suck at the game right now. I don't really know what I'm doing wrong. Oh well, I'll keep trying.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I've marked everybody and still couldn't figure a way through. I'm also too busy trying to float as many people up as I can. If I just avoided them, it probably would be easier. But, I just suck at the game right now. I don't really know what I'm doing wrong. Oh well, I'll keep trying.
I just did mission 6. I did spend a lot of time scoping the area out and getting a feel of the place but then I stepped back and saw a huge path underneath the bridge area. I cut in there and took out a few guards and kept it moving. I had to get my Uncharted on a lil bit when I got in the main area near the "objective." I just beat it that mission too. :whew:

This game man... This shyt is already looking better than Snake Eater to me. :wow:
This game is the truth :mjcry:

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
I had to chicken hat mission 6 after spending all day trying to beat it :snoop:

I fukking suck at this game. I want to go stealthy and tried with mission 6, but shyt seems impossible. I just want the tranq sniper rifle, but can't get it yet. The game is frustrating me. I need to watch some walk-throughs. I just fukking suck. I haven't been this bad at a game in so long. I guess I just can't think stealthy :manny:

the tranq sniper rifle isn't going to help you if doesn't have a suppressor. i personally like to recon areas before the mission. there's a side entrance in the honey bee mission that can lead you to the target faster. i found it by exploring in the area in free roam. if you study the map you'll notice most of the locations will have side and back entrances.

btw: you get the ability to customize weapons, which means you can put all sorts of attachments on weapons, it's :wow: