[Official] MGSV: The Phantom Pain Thread: GOTY Edition.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I wonder if my bestbuy is releasing the game early :jbhmm:

Breh heres the thing, if you pre order and pay for it online, they don't have to ring it up instore. so when you select instore pick up, and go pick it up, they just mark in the system that its been picked up. As opposed to when you try to ring something up, the system will stop them if its not the date yet.

Heres what I been doing.

Preorder game @ best buy.com
Pay for it infull and select instore pick up.
Then wait for the second email (not the first one that says you ordered it), itll say that your order will be ready for XYZ day (the day the game releases).
When you get that email, that means its at customer service sitting behind the desk. Its ready for pick up.
Then just go pick it up, have your id and card ready, then sign for it.

Im 3/3 so far. (Bloodbourne, MKX, MGS).

Also cool if you want the 10 dollar reward cert you get for pre ordering.

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
Breh heres the thing, if you pre order and pay for it online, they don't have to ring it up instore. so when you select instore pick up, and go pick it up, they just mark in the system that its been picked up. As opposed to when you try to ring something up, the system will stop them if its not the date yet.

Heres what I been doing.

Then wait for the second email (not the first one that says you ordered it), itll say that your order will be ready for XYZ day (the day the game releases).
When you get that email, that means its at customer service sitting behind the desk. Its ready for pick up.

1. I preordered and brought it online
2. I just got that email
3. I'm about to hop in the car
4. Dap/rep

-DMP-

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I called best buy and only the 20% counted towards it :francis:

yea you only get 20% up front, and then the 10 cert afterwards(takes a couple of days to get).

But on your next purchase, you can use the 10 cert, AND the 20% off.

He probably had a left over 10 dollar cert from another pre order

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps

Heres what I been doing.

:blessed:

-DMP-

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
How early can you do this breh? Like the weekend before it's released?
I guess it just depends on your store, when you preorder, and when they have the game instock.

I usually just try that Monday before the game comes out so ill get the gift cert and the game a day early. I guess next time I could try it earlier tho.