[Official] MGSV: The Phantom Pain Thread: GOTY Edition.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I dunno, I didn't find it to be that much fun. I was glad when I beat it, cuz it was over. I only played the main mission though. Maybe the side ops are more fun. I'm gonna play those tonight and tomorrow.

I just didn't find the sneaking around in GZ to be that much fun. It seemed luck based. Like I was just lucky the guard didn't see me and I could Right trigger him. I'm gonna give the side missions some time though. I like stealth (I mean I loved stealth in dishonored), but something about GZ just didn't hold my attention. Maybe I'm just bad at the game...hahaha. I really want to like TPP, so I'm definitely gonna give it the benefit of the doubt and play it all the way through. The reviews got me hyped as hell.

:mjcry: Luck based? Might have seemed that way for normal but dudes were always on my ass on hard difficulty.

Reflex mode also makes the game too easy. Were you playing with that on?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
:mjcry: Luck based? Might have seemed that way for normal but dudes were always on my ass on hard difficulty.

Reflex mode also makes the game too easy. Were you playing with that on?
I was just playing on normal. I didn't change any settings. Reflex mode was on. First I tried to blast my way through everything, then I tried running around and hiding (which worked much better). I don't mind an easy game (sometimes I actually prefer one), but I want it to be fun. I'm gonna give GZ more time tonight though. I didn't even play any of the side missions. I just beat the main story and called it a day.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I was just playing on normal. I didn't change any settings. Reflex mode was on. First I tried to blast my way through everything, then I tried running around and hiding (which worked much better). I don't mind an easy game (sometimes I actually prefer one), but I want it to be fun. I'm gonna give GZ more time tonight though. I didn't even play any of the side missions. I just beat the main story and called it a day.

:jbhmm:

Yeah, you gotta give it more of a chance. I almost threw it in the bushes when I first played it but then I embraced the openness and got creative. So much freedom on how to complete missions. For example, I didn't know you could turn off the power to the base where they kept Paz. That tactic helped me a lot for that mission and for one of the side ops as well :wow:

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Addicting

Prologue was crrrrrrrrrrrrrrrack.

Hours in i generally want to take my time going through the bases

Pay attention to the side missions in each episode so you can knock it all out in one try. Kinda like GTA where you have a main mission and they list and bunch of extras you can do. The extras matter and can be taken on in multiple ways. :noah:

Sound is great. I got my beats headphones plugged into the controller and its like im in another world. From the music playing while youre on a mission, the background ambiance of sneaking around to the shots, to the sound of your footsteps. Wolves howling in the background . Great having a vantage point on a new base and trying to figure out how youre going to tackle it.

Game is item collection based so everything you pick up im guessing in the beginning, goes into the research of your base. Eventually im sure you'll be so powerful you can avoid the dumb shyt.

No need to fulton every mother fukker you meet.

Graphics are great. You can see the muscles flexing in your horse when it gallops an in snakes back when he has no shirt on no homo.

Game is divided into episodies *story* free roam mode and side ops. The episodes are like episodes of a show so at the end of each there are credits. I dont like feeling like im playing a tv show but fukk it dont take away from this CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAK.

Cons?

Collecting a bunch of shyt in a stage and then dying, and having to collect that shyt again. You will lose patience with being stealth if you spent a lot of time collecting shyt in stealth.

The story is here. There is a healthy amount of talking and thankfully its in cassette tapes and the cut scene at the end of the mission.
Everyone on my friends list sending me jealous notes :umad:
beats better than the golds?

HDiron

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Miami
Just got an X1 today, just downloaded MGS GZ. Bout to play this crack :ohlawd:

Getting my body and mind ready for Tuesday, how long is this shyt:patrice:

SIDENOTE: GT is moya305 for those want to run with or get murked on Gears

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Mission 3 can be done in 5 minutes.

Got that s ranking on that one. :wow:

You bums probably gonna take all damn day though.

Elite Gaming

Im 8 hours in by the way. Doing a completionist run making sure i get the extras for each stage.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
beats better than the golds?
I have the Elites and For this game i prefer the beats because of the noise cancellation of the beats. Also i feel the beats have better lows so when you shoot you get that DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO. For a game like battlefield i need my elites because i can adjust the volume of the nikkas chatting in my ear while i play. My wife was talking to me and it just looked like she was moving her mouth. I was like :blessed: and continued playing.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Pay attention to the clothing of the soldiers. Theres a difference between how a soldier dresses vs higher officials.

TrifeGod

Chasing The Dragon
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
I should have this for PC tomorrow. Going to take some high quality images just to compare to the console version. Of course it'll look better but I want to see what this engine is capable of.