[Official] MGSV: The Phantom Pain Thread: GOTY Edition.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm gonna do a @Mowgli and try to collect all the tapes in GZ tonight and tomorrow. Maybe it'll make things more interesting and make the story make more sense. GZ isn't my thing though. Hopefully that doesn't mean I won't like TPP :lupe:
Idk if you don't like the gameplay in Ground Zeroes then you probably won't like TPP. TPP has much much more in it than Ground Zeroes but mechanics wise it's similar in gameplay.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Impressions @Mowgli ? :lupe:
Addicting

Prologue was crrrrrrrrrrrrrrrack.

Hours in i generally want to take my time going through the bases

Pay attention to the side missions in each episode so you can knock it all out in one try. Kinda like GTA where you have a main mission and they list and bunch of extras you can do. The extras matter and can be taken on in multiple ways. :noah:

Sound is great. I got my beats headphones plugged into the controller and its like im in another world. From the music playing while youre on a mission, the background ambiance of sneaking around to the shots, to the sound of your footsteps. Wolves howling in the background . Great having a vantage point on a new base and trying to figure out how youre going to tackle it.

Game is item collection based so everything you pick up im guessing in the beginning, goes into the research of your base. Eventually im sure you'll be so powerful you can avoid the dumb shyt.

No need to fulton every mother fukker you meet.

Graphics are great. You can see the muscles flexing in your horse when it gallops an in snakes back when he has no shirt on no homo.

Game is divided into episodies *story* free roam mode and side ops. The episodes are like episodes of a show so at the end of each there are credits. I dont like feeling like im playing a tv show but fukk it dont take away from this CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAK.

Cons?

Collecting a bunch of shyt in a stage and then dying, and having to collect that shyt again. You will lose patience with being stealth if you spent a lot of time collecting shyt in stealth.

The story is here. There is a healthy amount of talking and thankfully its in cassette tapes and the cut scene at the end of the mission.
Everyone on my friends list sending me jealous notes :umad:

Last edited:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I'm gonna do a @Mowgli and try to collect all the tapes in GZ tonight and tomorrow. Maybe it'll make things more interesting and make the story make more sense. GZ isn't my thing though. Hopefully that doesn't mean I won't like TPP :lupe:
Tapes made me attached to the characters. I didnt really spend much time playing ground zeroes when it dropped because i dont like demos but now that phantom pain is out i didnt mine digging into it since its a snack before the meal.

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
Yeah, I know; I posted the article. We don't know if it's true or not though. I expect not and it's based on region like most games. We'll see though. I hope I'm wrong
I VPNd into korea to download darksiders 2 early. It probably will be the same with tpp with a new zealand VPN

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
When these troops come looking for you, and youre beind enemy lines,

They come looking for you FOR REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL :damn:

Even thought the game is close to release. I still haven't heard anything about interiors. I assume you're still in Afghanistan? I want to know if you can take that stealth shyt into buildings, breh. :noah:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Even thought the game is close to release. I still haven't heard anything about interiors. I assume you're still in Afghanistan? I want to know if you can take that stealth shyt into buildings, breh. :noah:
Afghanistan isnt just dirt and tents. There are small houses and some 2 story shyts that ive seen so far. I personally choose to stay on the perimeter when shyt gets real. Pick off anyone that gets to close to me and cut my path through the cleared area. if i wanted i could just hide in these houses and lure people into them but im not risking that alarm goin off again

shyts are a little to skressful :whew:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
O yea this got that classic metal gear. I went to the ground level where the houses are to play stealth and pick off enemies, I got busted. Dropped 2 fakkits then went and hid in a locker :noah:

The army bases have barracks so there are barrack houses there to play peekaboo in. This is a combination of a lot of different elements. Outposts, bases and complexes/facilities.

Cantwait

All Star
Daps
This may be a stupid question but if I finish preloading the game and take my ps4 offline and then change the date would I be able to play it? 95% chance it doesnt work but im just desperate right now:feedme:

Los!

I AM THE AWAKENING
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Addicting

Prologue was crrrrrrrrrrrrrrrack.

Hours in i generally want to take my time going through the bases

Pay attention to the side missions in each episode so you can knock it all out in one try. Kinda like GTA where you have a main mission and they list and bunch of extras you can do. The extras matter and can be taken on in multiple ways. :noah:

Sound is great. I got my beats headphones plugged into the controller and its like im in another world. From the music playing while youre on a mission, the background ambiance of sneaking around to the shots, to the sound of your footsteps. Wolves howling in the background . Great having a vantage point on a new base and trying to figure out how youre going to tackle it.

Game is item collection based so everything you pick up im guessing in the beginning, goes into the research of your base. Eventually im sure you'll be so powerful you can avoid the dumb shyt.

No need to fulton every mother fukker you meet.

Graphics are great. You can see the muscles flexing in your horse when it gallops an in snakes back when he has no shirt on no homo.

Game is divided into episodies *story* free roam mode and side ops. The episodes are like episodes of a show so at the end of each there are credits. I dont like feeling like im playing a tv show but fukk it dont take away from this CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAK.

Cons?

Collecting a bunch of shyt in a stage and then dying, and having to collect that shyt again. You will lose patience with being stealth if you spent a lot of time collecting shyt in stealth.

The story is here. There is a healthy amount of talking and thankfully its in cassette tapes and the cut scene at the end of the mission.
Everyone on my friends list sending me jealous notes :umad:
It's cool collect up a bunch of shyt for ME so when I run up on your motherbase fob :mjlol: I won't have much to do in my game :ufdup:

Thanks again mowg :obama:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
What did you not like about GZ?

If you didn't like the gameplay you probably won't like TPP either. For me GZ reinforced my faith in TPP.
I dunno, I didn't find it to be that much fun. I was glad when I beat it, cuz it was over. I only played the main mission though. Maybe the side ops are more fun. I'm gonna play those tonight and tomorrow.

I just didn't find the sneaking around in GZ to be that much fun. It seemed luck based. Like I was just lucky the guard didn't see me and I could Right trigger him. I'm gonna give the side missions some time though. I like stealth (I mean I loved stealth in dishonored), but something about GZ just didn't hold my attention. Maybe I'm just bad at the game...hahaha. I really want to like TPP, so I'm definitely gonna give it the benefit of the doubt and play it all the way through. The reviews got me hyped as hell.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
It's cool collect up a bunch of shyt for ME so when I run up on your motherbase fob :mjlol: I won't have much to do in my game :ufdup:

Thanks again mowg :obama:
I'm to tactical for you bums. Only run you gonna have is on the toilet nikka