[Official] MGSV: The Phantom Pain Thread: GOTY Edition.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:snoop: so I got to find random recordings to truly enjoy the story ... wtf
  • I cannot stress this enough, THE TAPES ARE VERY IMPORTANT. Big Boss talks there alot and even though he talks in cutscenes as well he's much more of a silent person but make no mistake, the facial performance is great and you can feel what he's feeling without saying it(I'm the guy who prefers if he talks but I also welcome this take as well)

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
oh hell nah that's some grade A stanning makes you change how you feel about cutscenes :dead:
you dont have to find the tapes. You basically get em while doing missions. Look at em as codec convos that you can play while doing missions at the same time.
yeah I hope they're easily obtainable, i'm going to be pissed if I miss major parts of the story because I couldn't find a audio tape located under a box or some shyt.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
oh hell nah that's some grade A stanning makes you change how you feel about cutscenes :dead:

yeah I hope they're easily obtainable, i'm going to be pissed if I miss major parts of the story because I couldn't find a audio tape located under a box or some shyt.
what makes you think he's stanning?? Cutscenes and story are NOT largely gone from the game. Major parts of the story aren't missing from normal gameplay from what I've seen people said. I'm guessing some major plot points are in the tapes you earn. It's just in between large stretches of gameplay.
MGS3 is similar to that and that's didn't feel like it was lite on story.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

The yellow tapes (story tapes) are unlockables. You get them when you clear missions. No need to find them.

Has anyone's game started pre-loading yet? (PS4)

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Customer case ready :wow:

Rh3Ow20.png