[Official] MGSV: The Phantom Pain Thread: GOTY Edition.

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
Some Comparisons came out between last and current gen.
4DRSPMF.jpg

RBpWh6v.jpg

2JW5PYc.jpg

YXpSDXq.jpg

I made a gif.
lGiDlXd.gif

Not to mention this is running at sub720P on PS3/360 at 30fps with dips with paired back graphical features. :gag:

Easily explains why some pics of the PS3 version looked not that different in pictures.
I don't even know why they bothered with a PS3/360 version. I guess they were scared current gen consoles weren't going to be selling well.

Imagine the PC version graphics :wow:
Does all that mean the draw distance is going to be a issuse with last gen versions?

oO J Smooth Oo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Uk
Brehs

I completed msg 1, 2 and 3

Never had guns of patriots i had an a xbox

Ive played about 30 mins of ground zeros on the xbox one

I have no idea/clue what the new game is about plot wise at all

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Brehs

I completed msg 1, 2 and 3

Never had guns of patriots i had an a xbox

Ive played about 30 mins of ground zeros on the xbox one

I have no idea/clue what the new game is about plot wise at all
Metal Gear Timeline
Read up. Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker is the prequel to The Phantom Pain so you'll understand it from that point.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Does all that mean the draw distance is going to be a issuse with last gen versions?
Absolutely. Just look at the gif I made. There's significantly less detail and rendered objects in the distance and on top of that it's rendered at sub 720P resolution :gag:. It'll look worse in motion. Screenshots make it seem like "Ehh not that big of a deal.." but in motion all of those little details stand out to make a bigger picture.
lGiDlXd.gif

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Yall gotta remember this game has been in development somewhat since ~2010 with the development of the new fox engine. Peace walker was supposed to be MGSV with this being MGS6. But the thought of a main line MGS being handheld only didnt fly, so they changed it.

Phantom Pain was supposed to have been out, but kojima is a perfectionist and will figure out how to get every detail right, rather than sidelining it for the sake of budget/release. Thats why he got let go.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Right so I've had the game for 3 days now, for those of you who haven't gotten the game yet SERIOUSLY don't know what your in for. By far the best MGS ever to grace the earth.
I don't know what some of these reviewers were thinking by saying that the story "wasn't there", the story IS everywhere, shytloads of tapes, hidden cutscenes everywhere you look. Even one of the side ops missions that seemed straight forward, mutated into 2 different story missions ala TW3.

Tl;dr: Look everywhere and you will find the story, the reviewers clearly didn't play the game they way it's meant to be played.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
So what's up with everyone saying snake barely talks on some grand theft auto 3 shyt in cinematics?

*Hulks Up*

got that new coli smell
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The D (where it's so cold)
So what's up with everyone saying snake barely talks on some grand theft auto 3 shyt in cinematics?

Kojima's plan for MGS V was for Snake to be more of a silent protagonist in this game and let the secondary characters 'be' the story.

Kojima made that announce awhile back and it pissed off the fans that have come to love those long codec scenes or the more talkative Snake. Most people speculated that it was a tease by Kojima and he was trying to tie in his comments with the whole "words that kill", "sans lingua franca (without language)".

But apparently it doesn't have anything to do with anything, Kiefer just ain't saying shyt.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Kojima's plan for MGS V was for Snake to be more of a silent protagonist in this game and let the secondary characters 'be' the story.

Kojima made that announce awhile back and it pissed off the fans that have come to love those long codec scenes or the more talkative Snake. Most people speculated that it was a tease by Kojima and he was trying to tie in his comments with the whole "words that kill", "sans lingua franca (without language)".

But apparently it doesn't have anything to do with anything, Kiefer just ain't saying shyt.
:snoop: so I got to find random recordings to truly enjoy the story ... wtf