Niggthaniel Essex

13th Floor/Growing Old
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Did Shuri rock the animal fur and cape?
Did Shuri weild the Spear of Bashenga?
Did Bast make an appearance?
Did Shuri drop any quotables like she does in the fukking comics????

If not then the movie was trash...IDGAF :hubie:

Im sick of these negro normals writing and directing my geek fantasy films..enough is enough
So out of nowhere you want a giant cat god to start talking to Shuri about the pro and cons of vengeance and grief and have the audience be like, "oh ok. fukk the ancestors I guess."

nikkas can NEVER be happy.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjpls: :mjpls: :mjpls: But you wouldn’t say that about the white man

What White man?

The reading comprehension in this thread is astoundingly terrible...

Dude did not say WF is as bad as WM84...

He clearly said WF is to BP what WM84 is to its predecessor...

All reviews have been on the same page, WF is not in the same league as BP...

Tyrone Magnus said he fell asleep during this shyt...
Even so Tyrone Magnus and Critical Drinker are grifters who pander to the racist, alt right crowds. Opinions not worth listening to.

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
I echo the feeling of most in the thread. It was ok. Not bad but not amazing. The storyline was ok I'm not so sold on lil sis becoming black panther. She wasn't horrible but wasn't that great either.

Got some other complaints but I'm not going to say them until it's clear more people have watched the film

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Great movie :wow: Without immediate recasting, they handled it about as well as I could hope. Great tributes to both T’Challa and Chadwick. Although I don’t think Letitia quite had it to carry the movie, she gave a great performance, along with everybody else. I fw Namor heavy. I don’t think he had the greatest tactics for his goal, but his motivations and viciousness I rock with.

Lupita was looking crazy :noah:

I didn’t even realize it was almost 3 hrs, and I watched it in 3d :ehh: 3d wasn’t worth it btw

I’m hovering btw 8-8.5

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
I wonder if it was on purpose that Shuri's hair was kind of braided like Killmongers for a good portion of a the movie. When he said something like "you and i are alot alike" it makes sense because she wasn't talking that noble talk like T'Challa would, she was only some 'fukk the world' shyt when she was talkin to the Queen by the campfire. That was a good little touch.

jay83

Superstar
Daps
Just watched the film and honestly can’t remember anything I watched except the end credits scene. This movie has no business being 3 hours. Just to be honest I have no desire to watch it again. Some of fight scenes were great but overall it feels like empty calories.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anyway, saw it earlier, will come back later with more thoughts. My initial impressions that I liked quite a bit, but the unnecessary subplots and characters do hurt it. There's a much better, tighter film, in there with all that axed. I thought Leticia did great as far as acting, but she lacks the gravitas and presence of Boseman and this film really was missing that imo.

EnzoG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
HOUS-e-
I enjoyed it I watched it with my Dad this morning. I guess there may be some truth to those Thunderbolts/ Wakanda rumors. I love Namor's introduction there was almost an uneasiness in the room when he got introduced. Phenomenal movie it did get me at the end. And as a response to those mid credits it's going to take time to grow on me I don't low-key agree with giving up 50+ years of mythology to you know who but I understand passing legacy down too

Daps
Ideally
his coming of age should be done via a Disney+ Series, with Secret Wars being when he proves himself as BP and being the MVP. The issue though is a real leader aint gonna have the wisdom needed until their 30s earliest lol and the nikka is 5 yrs old right now. They'd pretty much have to make him come of age as a teen to 20s during the current phase, and have him be in his 30s post this Kang stuff, when they intro X Men and Dr Doom.

Crazy thing is... when you think about it, technically we will get a Black panther Tchalla reboot. Same name and everything. This will probably be the version that interacts with Storm and the FF4 and whoever else.