Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem

I made a point about race bending traditionally white characters back in the day.
I said it was only temporary when you do it that, as opposed to giving shine to tradionally black characters.
I pointed out Black Panther vs Catwoman as an example. Black panther will always be black, forever. anytime there is a black panther a black actor will be cast.
Catwoman they keep changing the race to black , they've done so three times with eartha , halle , and kravitz. but each time it goes right back to being a white lady with pfifer, anne hathaway etc. Its temporary. Race bending is not a good approach to diveristy with already established character. Instead establish new black characters. I'd rather see a luke cage film than a black magneto for one interation. that way when luke cage is firmly established as an a list ip, future remakes and reboots will also be black, like how they are doing with blade. future xmen reboots aren't going to permantly make any of those chracters black.

thinking about a list of marvel and dc characters that were black at one point but went back to being white or will be when the upcoming film comes out
Kingpin
catwoman
johnny storm
perry white from superman
two face

Last edited:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Edit: nvm
I see you edited your post already. i was about to say. :dead:
speaking of blade though, they did change his nationality. he war originally from london or something, now they act like he from harlem.
but thats the only major difference i know of fromo the comics, outside of his powers, used to just be a regular dude before a halfvampire
always black though

Daps
I see you edited your post already. i was about to say. :dead:
speaking of blade though, they did change his nationality. he war originally from london or something, now they act like he from harlem.
but thats the only major difference i know of fromo the comics, outside of his powers, used to just be a regular dude before a halfvampire
always black though

Yeah I always wondered about this cause I had recollections of Blade not being a vampire in my early childhood. I feel like when he appeared on Spiderman TAS he wasn't a vampire.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Yeah I always wondered about this cause I had recollections of Blade not being a vampire in my early childhood. I feel like when he appeared on Spiderman TAS he wasn't a vampire.
Yeah, i'm not sure when but i think he was retconned to be a day walker after the Wesley Snipes movies established him as one.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan

:gucci:
l9e62yu4j9ia1.jpg

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
movie isnt bad(i have very low expectation for MCU movies :manny:). i still dont like the Namor change to mexicans, but he was solid. fool kept on popping up out the water with the :mjpls:

M'baku getting abused :russ: