MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
It was so bad breh

And of course they had the breh in the movie who's about 6'6, brolic and meant to be a leader parrot that "Ole we can'T gO to wAr" on some "I'm scared" bullshyt. I was thinking Namor flooded your capital, murdered your people and then to top it off murdered your queen and then gloated about, it already is a damn war from that point out :mjtf:

Even at the start of the movie why were those French Soldier/mercenaries who attacked the Wakandan base kept alive and returned?:why:

turn the other cheek and play burna boy after :blessed:

"he's too strong" :mjlol:

I'm really disgusted how coogler wrote this

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Ryan Coogler was ass...I forced myself to suspend belief and supported this film caus eof blackness or perceived blackness....after a month of stewing and reading the same complaints I have, I cant believed they ruined the Black Panther franchise in 2 films.

I really hope they redeem themselves and no more non comic book fam black folk to make supe movies. You can tell them lames was too cool to understand story boards, direction and scene progression.

The biggest problem with this movie is that it invalidated the first movie/what came before and removed Wakandas uniqueness both in and out of film.

Wakanda went from the most advanced nation who had the power to destroy the world (spies who can topple nations were on standby waiting for a green light if needed) and strong enough thwart Alien invasions to getting comfortably washed by Atlantis who are a stronger version of Wakanda.

Vibranium was exclusive to Wakanda, now here another nation also have it.

Wakanda had the superpowered herb, Now another nation has it but a better version.

The first movie makes you believe there is no threat to Wakanda which is why The Avengers even went there in Infinity War for help, now all of sudden, The Amerikkkan government feel strong enough to roll in. Hell their tech can now even be "bugged":mjtf: . They're just "another nation" now.

Wakanda was able to revive the CAC CIA Agent from the brink of death, were able to cure a brainwashed solider but now suddenly can't save T'Challa from an illness?

Killmonger is a liberator in the first movie fighting for black freedom and to empower black people globally now it's made out he's just this vengeful savage.

It reminded me a lot of The Last Jedi in how it shytted on the previous movie before it and torpedoed everything built up. You can't watch them back to back.

Like do we need to even see Wakanda again? Does anyone care if a sequel is never made? don't really think so. You can't say anyone thought that after BP1 which had you wanting to see what happened next.

Maybe this was Coogler's way of trying to exit the franchise:manny:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
The biggest problem with this movie is that it invalidated the first movie/what came before and removed Wakandas uniqueness both in and out of film.

Wakanda went from the most advanced nation who had the power to destroy the world (spies who can topple nations were on standby waiting for a green light if needed) and strong enough thwart Alien invasions to getting comfortably washed by Atlantis who are a stronger version of Wakanda.

Wakanda had the superpowered herb, Now another nation has it but a better version.

The first movie makes you believe there is no threat to Wakanda which is why The Avengers even went there in Infinity War for help, now all of sudden, The Amerikkkan government feel strong enough to roll in. Hell their tech can now even be "bugged":mjtf: . They're just "another nation" now.

Wakanda was able to revive the CAC CIA Agent from the brink of death, were able to cure a brainwashed solider but now suddenly can't save T'Challa from an illness?

Killmonger is a liberator in the first movie fighting for black freedom and to empower black people globally now it's made out he's just this vengeful savage.

It reminded me a lot of The Last Jedi in how it shytted on the previous movie before it and torpedoed everything built up. You can't watch them back to back.

Like do we need to even see Wakanda again? Does anyone care if a sequel is never made? don't really think so. You can't say anyone thought that after BP1 which had you wanting to see what happened next.

:salute:

Couldn't even save the queen as well. I still don't understand how a nation can be invaded and the first thing isn't to protect the leader. Imagine the white house being attacked and secret service out on the front lawn busting shots while joe and jill all alone in the oval office

Like i said they made wakanda this big boogeyman like russia and now we know russia is a joke just like wakanda.

How about also how wakanda was so hard to find and like impenetrable and yet namor rolled up there twice

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps

Couldn't even save the queen as well. I still don't understand how a nation can be invaded and the first thing isn't to protect the leader. Imagine the white house being attacked and secret service out on the front lawn busting shots while joe and jill all alone in the oval office

Like i said they made wakanda this big boogeyman like russia and now we know russia is a joke just like wakanda.

How about also how wakanda was so hard to find and like impenetrable and yet namor rolled up there twice
:beli:at them killing off the queen. FFS

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's funny that all the characters mentioned are better portrayed in Russo bros MCU movies.

Dr Strange felt powerful and competent in both IW and EG, Same with Thor he was jokey but when shyt needed to get done, it got done.

Even T'Challa felt powerful and 3 moves ahead of everyone else in CW and we all saw how he got down in IW and EG

Tbh I think looking at Marvels plan T'Challa was most def being groomed for a bigger role in the Avengers and the general MCU
Yea after the dust has settled it's more and more apparent that the Russo's leaving was a huge hit and Marvel still hasn't recovered

MCU was at it's best under their direction , and at least 3 of the top 5 MCU movies are theirs

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Two things with that. The first is that Namor ain't no regular degular brehitto, they went out of their way to establish that he exists outside the rules. The second and more salient thing is he's got vibranium. Wakanda and it's defenses are built to deter and defend against everything else but that and he's got an apparent limitless supply. Man probably sliced through that shielding like he did that toaster oven ship they built. :mjlol:

With the introduction of Namor and his people, the weakness to vibranium based attacks should be addressed, it's a glaring flaw in their defenses.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

Exactly how does The Queen have ZERO bodyguards during a terrorist attack/siege on their capital? :russ:

And yeah all you now all you need is a bunch of scuba gear to get into Wakanda?:dead:,

Namor wasn't lying at the end they really are gonna need his help when the cacs come. Wakanda now looking like Russia like you said :mjlol:

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
They need to retcon that Namor amd Vibranium shyt. Like damn man....how much of destroying the franchise they gonna do??????? I wanna sit Coogler down and force read him the comics and make him geaux by the book on a re-do.

I wanna see Bast worshipping dammit! More Wakandan tech and More of the history of Wakanda in the remakes. And tell him ti retcon Killmonger being a ADOS supremacist too. I want a flatout amazing Black Panther film. No gender war propagandas or social diaspora war dialogue. Just a movie set in Wakanda and Tchalla having to protect it from invaders that leads to him discovering Atlantis exists.

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps

That's exactly what I thought. He didn't even want to do a sequel but was probably pushed to do it by Marvel because of $$$ and decided to disrespect Wakanda and the Queen and the other characters to destroy it all. :scust:

Also on some podcast Coogler mentioned that Boseman mentioned that kids were going to love it because of the advanced tech etc..and Coogler mentioned that he didn't get it. And apparently he still doesn't.

This is supposed to be Black people's Star Wars which is what Boseman understood. But for Coogler it's just a job so disrespecting it and the characters is nothing for him.

That's why he could rationalize that bs with Ramonda. Because how does Riri survive possible drowning but the Queen doesn't? In Wakanda? The most advanced nation on earth that's supposed to be around 100 years more advanced (medically and every other way) than anyone else?

It makes no sense.

Then their lack of defenses or ability to properly deal with Namor and his people was unforgivable. Because if someone does that to any reasonably powerful country it's automatic war but M'Baku was pushing for letting it go along with Nakia because it was written that way to make Wakanda look weak and Namor and his people as strong as possible. :mjpls:

Also as someone mentioned Namor rolling up to the queen to disrespect her to her face is never happening if T'Challa or another defender is around. His energy would be completely different.

So all that tough talk in the film about people thinking Wakanda is defenseless without T'Challa but will pay if they try anything was just empty talk and now it's open season on them. By the US, Namor, and anyone else who wants to invade.

Last edited:

TheKongoEmpire

A Wilsonian Garveyite
Daps
Reppin
The Original Man and the First Gods
Seagate King of Wakanda FireCuda 2TB External Hard Drive

61066cfa-2c66-44e3-87d5-00dd80fc2e7e.8e5fc87464339dcbfeb2848711d6d1c9.jpeg

This gotta be janky right? 2 TB for $60? The reviews say 4.9/5:leon:
Copped.