nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Im not. You gotta understand. People are dumb and accept that. There is only some much they can dumb down before it becomes a children film. Im not pivoting. Im trymlna save yall the mental headspace.

THIS shyt AINT FOR US.

Aint no comicbook shops in the ghetto or hood. So most comicbook readers are either suburban blacks or blacks who had well off kin.

My step brother from SE STANTON ROAD and he got put on to comics by a biracial big brother member of the program. And thus he put me on to comics.
There were comics on the spinner racks in the supermarkets and drug stores, and newstands in the 80's & 90's. That's where most got theirs from. In Philly, we had 1 downtown, and the rest were in the suburbs, I was a spinner rack/newsstand purchaser until I was able to get downtown. There was a recent one in Kensington, but she just closed.

As for the movie, the one thing I did like is how Ramonda was more like T'Challa's attitude in the comics. T'Challa made a deal that comics Wakanda would have never went along with (or Killmonger's plan). He used to catch heat for spending as much time outside, and allowing several people to visit. She told them, fukk y'all. Told Namor fukk you, and was confident in her decisions win, lose or draw.

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
There were comics on the spinner racks in the supermarkets and drug stores, and newstands in the 80's & 90's. That's where most got theirs from. In Philly, we had 1 downtown, and the rest were in the suburbs, I was a spinner rack/newsstand purchaser until I was able to get downtown. There was a recent one in Kensington, but she just closed.

As for the movie, the one thing I did like is how Ramonda was more like T'Challa's attitude in the comics. T'Challa made a deal that comics Wakanda would have never went along with (or Killmonger's plan). He used to catch heat for spending as much time outside, and allowing several people to visit. She told them, fukk y'all. Told Namor fukk you, and was confident in her decisions win, lose or draw.
In Port City if you wasnt in the white areas you aint see comic books nowhere but drug stores and maybe grocery spots. We aint have newstands like yall up north. In fact I think Shreveport still got that 1 comic book spot.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
'Rise up Talokan'
full

OIP.TmYFEIiRhkFcMXbTZ8cJ5gHaEK

Last edited:

JordanwiththeWiz

you mad..you big mad..I’m happy..leave me alone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I just seen it. It felt more like a tribute to Chadwick with a few battle scenes. The movie kinda drags maybe 30 minutes too long. They definitely should’ve recast T’Challa because the illuminati Thanos plot would’ve been way better than this black genius teenage girl scientist cracking the Wakanda secrets in her dad’s garage, women’s empowerment girl power plot they used.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I just finished watching BP1 for like the 100th time. No way BP1 is better than BP2. Much better storyline but BP1 does make you feel good af although T'Challa is just an African Obama