Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
Just walked out of my second showing and loved it even more than the first time.

This film is fukking beautiful.

I don't even agree with the critique that Riri was tacked on. She is the representation of T'Challa's will to help those in need outside of Wakanda - especially the "Lost Tribe".

That's why
she was saved from drowning by the Queen

Her americanized perspective was important to connecting it to the first film. Riri was awesome. Folks hating on her prolly stop speaking ebonics around their white friends or have white girlfriends :pachaha:
Can’t wait for them to introduce Blade and have him sayin “nikka” :russ:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Just walked out of my second showing and loved it even more than the first time.

This film is fukking beautiful.

I don't even agree with the critique that Riri was tacked on. She is the representation of T'Challa's will to help those in need outside of Wakanda - especially the "Lost Tribe".

That's why
she was saved from drowning by the Queen

Her americanized perspective was important to connecting it to the first film. Riri was awesome. Folks hating on her prolly stop speaking ebonics around their white friends or have white girlfriends :pachaha:
Agreed, this movie was still awesome on the second viewing. And I'm side-eyeing anyone who found Riri annoying because she didn't even say anything crazy or stupid. All of her reactions seem typical of a Black American teenager put in a crazy situation like that, so if you found her annoying, I have to wonder if there's something deeper going on there.

Daps
I have a weird question. Growing up, i was one of the few in my area that was reading some Namor based comics and because of that, I never knew how his name was pronounced. But I always thought it was more than likely NA-mor. With emphasis on the first syllable.

Was i wrong or did they change the pronunciation in this movie to give the name a Latin American feel?

they revised his name origins to match his new characterization "El Nino Sin Amor" - Namor is basically him having "no love/sin amor" for the surface world

but I noticed Shuri and others also call him the comic/westernized pronounciation of "Nay-more"

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
EXACTLY that part. My homegirl was telling me the entire time that everybody in the film was right except for the US government. If y’all paid attention someone took RiRi’s college project design and sent it in the ocean to search for vibranium. She had no idea someone did that.

It was a set up for Wakanda and Talokan to beef and wrap both of each other out so the world’s government can come collect the last of the vibranium.

IF those leaks were true with the post credit scene it was gonna reveal Dr. Doom was the one who set everything up. Either him or Valentina, or both of them working together.

I feel this is all leading into “Thunderbolts” where the mission is for them to invade Wakanda and jack their supplies.

Yeah could be leading up to Dr Doom, as what Namor done in BP2 is pretty much what Doom does in the comic story

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
It's likely she'll get her own show. Disney knows that the marvel movies are popular with black audiences too.

I can see a riri show with guest appearances by wakandan characters.
She was a fun addition. Had that Peter Parker-like charm to lighten the somber mood a bit. Her series is supposed to premiere next Fall.

Last edited:

FluffyEyes

Mrs. Boss Lady
Daps
EXACTLY that part. My homegirl was telling me the entire time that everybody in the film was right except for the US government. If y’all paid attention someone took RiRi’s college project design and sent it in the ocean to search for vibranium. She had no idea someone did that.

It was a set up for Wakanda and Talokan to beef and wrap both of each other out so the world’s government can come collect the last of the vibranium.

IF those leaks were true with the post credit scene it was gonna reveal Dr. Doom was the one who set everything up. Either him or Valentina, or both of them working together.

I feel this is all leading into “Thunderbolts” where the mission is for them to invade Wakanda and jack their supplies.
Right. Riri's metallurgy project was used, likely taken by her professor or the school(MIT) and given to the US govt. Valentina and whoever she's working with would benefit from the Talokan and Wakandans beefing. I'm trying to see where Black Widow sister and that fake ass Captain America from FatWS fit in too since Val's ass keeps popping up.

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
Right. Riri's metallurgy project was used, likely taken by her professor or the school(MIT) and given to the US govt. Valentina and whoever she's working with would benefit from the Talokan and Wakandans beefing. I'm trying to see where Black Widow sister and that fake ass Captain America from FatWS fit in too since Val's ass keeps popping up.
They about to send them on a mission related to this but Bucky would be conflicted