Daps
Reppin
NULL
M'baku showing up at The United Nations General Assembly dressed like:banderas:

Screenshot_2018-01-29-08-05-05-2.png

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Safe to say some of you wasn’t gonna be satisfied unless a man was the lead role.

breh black people LOVE KILLMONGER anyways. from the first movie going back 4 years ago or so. if u look at it through non revisonist history of chads death....black people(espcially usa) really fukked with killmonger WAY more than tchalla.

nikkas was on here callin tchalla a c00n and all kinds of shyt before chad died.....:dead:

killmonger would have been the best choice but we all know that type of black ideaology can not be seen as "heroic" or "right" in this world.

and to me the movie didnt come off as overly "feminist". it came off as a hurt little girl/ and women trying to fill the shoes of a man/leader and really not doing a good job of it. like someone said, mbaku really acted like more of a "leader" in the movie. only thing i didnt like is they really dont show the mbaku tribe fighting.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Saw the film yesterday, I enjoyed it - here's some of my thoughts and opinions as someone who is part of the recast T'Challa crowd, the positives and otherwise:

Positives:

The movie is the best in phase 4, quite easily imo. Also a self contained story which is nice, you don't NEED to watch all MCU movies to get this outside of BP1.

"El Nino Sin Amor" is HARD asf, dudes name is a bar on its own. Talocan was portrayed to be really interesting, would love to see more of it - did they ride the currents there or was it a water vortex? I also thought Namor conceding as a political strategy was fine cuz he is clearly still scheming.

The women of course really shined - seeing my girl have a kick out of it helps me not focus as much on the lack of male presence on the Wakandan side lol.

Angela Bassett as Ramonda really stole the show, she had a royal presence in every scene

Shuri was great too - for all people complained about the women leads in phase 4, Shuri is easily the best - also her personality is a lot closer to the comics now (brash, stubborn, etc) ... her arc about revenge makes sense, I also liked how they continue to highlight Tchalla by her saying Tchalla taught her all the science shyt. Her experience in the ancestral plane was also interesting.

The subtle points about Haiti (while having France pull their typical colonizer shyt) was a nice touch - my girl is Haitian and got a kick out of TchallaJr being named Toussaint as well.

The general points about the world wanting Vibranium and scheming on Wakanda is real - Thunderbolts should not be able to get whatever it is they after tho (if they invade)

now, things I thought could be better:

- The action/set pieces: There were good moments but it could be better - from the scale to camerawork etc. For all the good storytelling in this film, the action was lacking by comparison.

- Toussaint/Tchalla* - how they handle this moving forward will determine how I feel about this being their compromise for recasting Tchalla ... quite frankly, no Tchalla fan tryna see him in young avengers or whatever sidekick role, so the only route would be some time/future hijinx where an adult version of him is leading a future Avengers team, and they gotta work with the present day to stop Kang or some shyt ... we will see.

- M'baku could have had more to do outside of his one-liners and counselling Shuri imo. I am so happy for black women to have the spotlight for this film, but if Ima nitpick then the men in Wakanda was sidelined in some regards. I'm glad it was implied in the end he is gonna run the country, while Shuri is the panther.

- Personally not a fan of writing the illness into the story but thats just me

Overall, I think y'all should still watch it and form your opinion - I maintain 20mins into this that it was already better than Thor 4. Even if my complaints never gets addressed, or they never do Tchalla right again, I'm still not mad that this film exists (outside of the few things I think could've been better).

A solid 7.5/10 film imo.
I'd say we saw more sides to the existing characters, there was character growth and even more speaking parts for characters we saw in the first movie. I liked seeing that.

The overall feeling I was left with was that there was something for everyone in this movie. If you wanted a nuanced villain, you got it. If you wanted criticism of white supremacy, you got it. If you wanted better sfx you got it. If you wanted more action, you got it. They even gave killmonger fans something dope which I wasn't expecting.

I'd say this movie was an improvement over the original, and was really respectful to Chadwick boseman's memory. I think dude would be in tears for real if he could see this.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Soft B+ to a B, enjoyable and touching. A top 5 MCU villian perform for sure. (Namor, green goblin, killmonger, Gorr, Thanos)

I'll tell you this though;
I'm pretty fukkin tired of flying robot suits as heroes or villians. I grew up not caring much for iron man, and since ironman 1 MCU has presented us:
  • Ironman
  • War machine
  • Obedience stane
  • Falcon
  • An entire army of Ironman suits
  • Pepper Potts
  • Banner in hulk buster suit
  • Ultron and ultrons army of bots
  • Wasp
  • Falcon in captain America's suit
  • Ririi
  • Wakandans in those blue suits for no reason
Im sure I forgot some but I'm super done with cgi body suits flying around with blasters. It's super fukkin tired and when they showed that angel suit or whatever it was called immediately said "why :snoop:". It's so lazy
:mjpls:

GoPro

EscoBeard Season Has Returned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#CertLife #ITGang
I'm sorry, but MBJ can not act as Killmonger. That whole scene was cringe.

And I understand what would have happened to her squad if Shuri killed Namor, but damn I wanted her to poke him up something serious

havoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Live your own life
I don't know if some of you were not paying attention or didn't really see the movie. To say Nakia and Riri were filler in this movie is hilarious. Nakia played one of the biggest roles and Riri was the reason Namor was introduced. Ross and his white counterpart was filler but they had to throw him in there to satisfy a certain viewing audience. Also, remember that Riri is a genius but an amateur especially in combat. Her inventions at this point are not going to look and operate like Ironman's from the rip. She's not a Tony Stark clone and will probably have her own style and tech designs.

Also, we didn't see everything that was said and done in the

The bridge scene was as intense as the highway scene in winter soldier. I thought the other side was about to catch a body.
Hell yeah . Okoye got rock :mjlol:

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Loved this movie tho …the mysticism and lore captured in namors home was incredible …the visuals of seeing their kingdom for the firs time was like seeing wakanda for the first time …I’m glad they decided to base their origin story in mesoamerican culture and not that Atlantis shyt ..felt way more grounded and I would love for his character to get his own movie to explore that more actually because it looked incredible …I do find it funny that the wakandans are always finding a way to run interference against a nikka that wants to destroy the colonizers tho :mjlol: A little soft shoe-ish but it’s just funny that this movie is about the two biggest and most powerful nations on earth fonking with eachother instead of mashing out the CACs ..but other than that what a great film and brilliant tribute to Chadwick …smh at nikkas wanting him character treated like a side piece and recasted like he meant nothing to this franchise ..they did a honorable job centering this whole film around the grief and gravity of losing himwhich you could not have done by just glossing over the fact he died … Angela also was incredible ..crazy that she has no superhuman powers but was willing to go toe to toe with Namor like this nikka wasn’t a mutant lol … Coogler deserves his flowers for this beautiful cinematography once again and brining out the best in these actors..this series seems to be the only MCU franchise that leans drama/action over comedy/action and I think that’s what sets it apart

8.5/10

Will watch again

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
Code:
Brehs, this movie was amazing and brutal. It surpassed Endgame imo.

fukking flawless, Namor was a legit threat and they actually made Shuri compelling af. Coogler got the juice now :ohlawd:
Goth-mode Shuri hated everything after her bro died :mjcry:

When Killmonger appeared in her vision I was even shook that she would go the Darth Vader route:whoo:

And I agree, I haven’t been this emotionally invested in a marvel movie since endgame. Coogler is amazing dawg

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That is a huge cop out considering there are infinite stories to tell, characters to introduce, ways to tell the heroes journey. Giving more humans robot suits is tired as fukk. Its like 50% of the mcu but like 6% of marvel comics.

All of those robots are part of the MCU. I don't know what to tell you. Hopefully they'll bring in more characters as they expand the universe.

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
Just walked out of my second showing and loved it even more than the first time.

This film is fukking beautiful.

I don't even agree with the critique that Riri was tacked on. She is the representation of T'Challa's will to help those in need outside of Wakanda - especially the "Lost Tribe".

That's why
she was saved from drowning by the Queen

Her americanized perspective was important to connecting it to the first film. Riri was awesome. Folks hating on her prolly stop speaking ebonics around their white friends or have white girlfriends :pachaha:
Kevin stated phase 4 has been used to introduce new characters like riri for their upcoming series and or movies.