VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
So not only did they synthesize the heart shaped herb that could’ve saved T’chala's life after he died, Vibrainum is not a wakanda exclusive resource anymore. The U.S. is about to go to war with an Mbaku ruled wakanda while Tchala sent his child and baby moms to live in a hut in Haiti….

:dead:

194-E20-C0-DEF3-4291-A5-CB-47-E2-C06208-D7.jpg

Whole project needed more time
It was decent for what it was tho

Black girl magic about Shuri :mjlol:

As for T'Challa jr, being sent away, that was to keep him safe from his enemies who might try to destroy any kids he had. Now wouldn't he have been safer in Wakanda? Maybe. Or maybe after the blip, killmonger, and Thanos won (this was during the blip) Nakia thought it'd be better to go to another country.

And about the US skullduggery with Wakanda and trying to steal their resources/tech that's actually planned by Marvel so that'll be something to witness :mjpls: Because the US is going to have to catch the fade by Wakanda :wow:

Last edited:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
I'll tell you this though;
I'm pretty fukkin tired of flying robot suits as heroes or villians. I grew up not caring much for iron man, and since ironman 1 MCU has presented us:
  • Ironman
  • War machine
  • Obedience stane
  • Falcon
  • An entire army of Ironman suits
  • Pepper Potts
  • Banner in hulk buster suit
  • Ultron and ultrons army of bots
  • Wasp
  • Falcon in captain America's suit
  • Ririi
  • Wakandans in those blue suits for no reason
Im sure I forgot some but I'm super done with cgi body suits flying around with blasters. It's super fukkin tired and when they showed that angel suit or whatever it was called immediately said "why :snoop:". It's so lazy

soon on wakanda forever on disney plus ...

top 5 has to include loki ... and kang:ehh:

Daps
I saw it on opening night. Quick aside, the fools in the aisle below me had the stupidity to spark up some trees 10 minutes into the movie in a sold out Imax stadium, like people were just gonna be cool with that. Pay close to $100 to get kicked out before you even have a chance to taste your popcorn brehs. :palm:

Movie was solid and much better than I was expecting. I'm in the recast camp, but I understand why they chose not to do so. I just think from a creative and storytelling standpoint, a recasting wouldn't have been as difficult as some people make it out to be. They've already established a multiverse. We have variant versions of Loki, Spider-Man, Captain American (Sharon Carter), Dr. Strange, different actors playing The Hulk, Rhodes, and now Thunderbolt Ross. They've even had an actor play TWO separate characters in completely different MCU movies. Having another T'Challa lead the Earth-616 Wakanda could have worked I think.

Anyway, regarding the flick itself, the keyboard shoebox militants all aggie over having Latin American culture be represented continue to prove themselves to be the cartoon caricatures they've always been. How could you depict a conflict between Wakanda and Namor and NOT flesh out the world he's protector and leader of?

Yes, Riri was annoying as all fukk and was really the only truly "bad" aspect of the movie. The silly looking gundam suit didn't help things either.

Loved that they incorporated Haiti into the storyline. I went to a late night showing on Thursday and couldn't take my girl, but she's Haitian. I have to get my stepson to see this. He's the same age as T'Challas son, loves BP and Marvel. Can only imagine how he'll feel knowing the new BP is a little Haitian kid like him.

Still don't understand people bytching about Ross in either BP1 or this one. It was already established in Civil War his relationship to T'Challa and thus Wakanda. Him appearing in the movies is consistent. It's not like they decided to shoehorn Hank Pym or someone out of nowhere into the story. I liked Valentina's appearance too in this. Her being the connecting glue in bringing in the next team like Fury was in Phase 1 is one of the most interesting plot lines to me. It's why I think Ares should have been introduced instead of Hercules in the latest Thor, so a Dark Avengers roster could be looming in the background.

And somebody else earlier in the thread said the same thing, but Killmonger's return was on par with Red Skull's return in Infinity War for an "Oh Shyt!!" reveal. Definitely the highlight moment of the movie for me.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Movie was decent. Nothing special. I did find it a little odd that that a movie supposedly about black excellence was really about Mexican excellence. They did a great job with namor and his character and background. He was the strongest character in the movie by far.

I always thought wakanda was supposed to be the most advanced country on earth but that title clearly belongs to namor and his people. They decimated wakanda in five minutes without breaking a sweat. Thanos didn't even do that. I wasn't a fan of how weak they made wakanda. They only survived cause of namors mercy.
Wakanda is the most advanced country. The Talokans were able to decimate Wakanda because 1. Their bodies are vastly stronger due to living under the tons of pressure of the deep ocean. Think Goku in the hyperbolic time chamber for hundreds of years. 2. Wakanda's defenses weren't made to deal with attacks from deep within the ocean were no human can survive.

Thanos didn't do that because his army was not only fighting the Wakandans, but the Avengers as well. Also once Thanos stepped in the scene, nobody stood a chance. Hence why he got the mind stone within minutes of arriving in Wakanda. From the time Thanos stepped out of the portal, to the time he ripped the stone out of Vision's head was what? 7 minutes tops?

Last edited:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Soft B+ to a B, enjoyable and touching. A top 5 MCU villian perform for sure. (Namor, green goblin, killmonger, Gorr, Thanos)

I'm pretty fukkin tired of flying robot suits as heroes or villians. I grew up not caring much for iron man, and since ironman 1 MCU has presented us:
  • Ironman
  • War machine
  • Obedience stane
  • Falcon
  • Pepper Potts
  • Wasp
  • Ririi
Im sure I forgot some but I'm super done with cgi body suits flying around with blasters. It's super fukkin tired and when they showed that angel suit or whatever it was called immediately said "why :snoop:". It's so lazy
Something tells me they would’ve had Norman Osborn as the Iron Patriot too. :patrice:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Soft B+ to a B, enjoyable and touching. A top 5 MCU villian perform for sure. (Namor, green goblin, killmonger, Gorr, Thanos)

• Ironman
  • War machine
  • Obedience stane
  • Falcon
  • Pepper Potts
  • Wasp
  • Ririi

Metal robot suits is the quickest way to give regular humans super powers. The Midnight Angels are supposed to be personal bodyguards of the BP