jmegamar

On the Come up Member
Daps
I guess Nakia wouldn't have to go to the funeral with the kid, whoever was babysitting him when she went on the rescue mission could have done so while she went back solo.

Side note: When Ramonda was about to tell Shuri something on the beach before Namor first appeared, was it going to be about baby T'Challa?
:ohhh: That would make sense.

Daps
Reppin
St louis
So in the mid credit scene Nakia says that Ramonda met Prince Tchalla and that she didn’t want the weight of the throne being put on him so they didn’t come back. Earlier in the movie when Ramonda goes to meet Nakia she asks why she didn’t come to the funeral. Shouldn’t the mid credit scene be the answer and shouldn’t Ramdonda have known this?

nakia told shuri that the queen knew about T'challa's son.
UKVu0t8.gif

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
So in the mid credit scene Nakia says that Ramonda met Prince Tchalla and that she didn’t want the weight of the throne being put on him so they didn’t come back. Earlier in the movie when Ramonda goes to meet Nakia she asks why she didn’t come to the funeral. Shouldn’t the mid credit scene be the answer and shouldn’t Ramdonda have known this?
I assumed that Ramonda learned about the child during her visit to Haiti, off camera

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I don't know how many of y'all actually followed other shows/movies through the years but actors die and get recast all of the time. If people can't suspend disbelief over a fictional character, then you've already failed to capture their imagination.

Hell, as huge as Harry Potter was, Richard Harris died, and Dumbledore was recast to complete the production schedule. He'd already been in 2 films at that time, AND he was a legend. You don't think that didn't hit the cast, especially the children, hard?

But no matter what happened, there would still be comparisons. This movie will be compared to the first. Namor will be compared to Killmonger, had there been a new actor as T'Challa, he'd be compared to Chadwick. Hell, if Chadwick not died, he'd be compared to his portrayal in the first. His portrayals between Civil Wars and BP1 were already compared.

But, after watching the film, how many agree that this felt like a Swan Song for Wakanda overall?

Last edited:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
These are believable scenarios. We're on the same page about them putting handcuffs on the character.

The thing is Boseman doesn't own the character but the character JUST started getting established in the MCU. So unfortunately whether right or wrong, this early on in many peoples minds Boseman is BP, not Boseman plays as BP. This would not be same as switching from McGuire to Garfield

The way I look at it, if you recast Boseman you can't do it in two years and have it work for the majority. The movie would've needed to wait at least 3-4 years if you want to recast TChalla.

IMO They could have had The T'Challa we know sacrifice himself defeating a Kang Variant to start things (it will show how serious Kang is and T'Challa going out as a legend for his people). He could be in the BP suit during this and it just be straight battle. The intro of a variant T'Challa due to the Multiverse of Madness fallout would be an option that makes sense, to intro someone who is battle tested enough to be able to stand with the heroes in the Major Arcs.

One thing I've heard so many people say that Marvel has missed the opportunity to explore Wakanda as a society and I feel that is an opportunity/there is opportunity. They can do it still on some coming of age stuff with the things introduced in Wakanda forever but this in turn turns into a multi phased Journey which still at the end you will have doubt the man who becomes BP at the end of that journey has what it takes to compete with folks who been doing shyt lol

dangerranger

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some of y’all are hard headed af. There will be Black Panther installments in the future. As others have said before this should be considered more of an in between film and transformed as a film that is a tribute to Chadwick but for the films purposes to tchalla. The crazy thing is in a decade or so when the other black panther movies come out, the complaints here are going to fade away. If you watch the mid credit scene, you know where they are going. So everything y’all complaining about is going to look stupid in hindsight because it will be one just film out of the series that will be in continuity with future black Panther films and avengers storylines. I get it some people can’t look ahead and want what they want now. There will be a lot of revisionist history about how good of a film it was in the coming years when the other films come out. Just be patient and enjoy this film as it is not what you wished it to be.

For the record I thought this was a beautiful film especially considering the odds they had to face to get a halfway decent Marvel movie. They were working handicapped and still made a film that is comparable to some of Marvels best. If anything, this struggles that went into this movie and it still came out pretty good is an indicator that the writing team and actors on the other Marvel films need to step up.

Last edited:

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
Some of you dudes need to live in the real world for a second. Chadwick died, in real life, after the first movie. Recasting him as someone else is fukking crazy. That’s not how reality works.
Actors have their characters replaced after they died all the time. Marvel recently did it with William Hurts character.

They didn’t need to recast immediately off course but at some point in the future Marvel will have to bring T’Challa back. He is too much of an iconic character to simply just write off like that.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
I don't know how many of y'all actually followed other shows/movies through the years but actors die and get recast all of the time. If people can't suspend disbelief over a fictional character, then you've already failed to capture their imagination.

Hell, as huge as Harry Potter was, Richard Harris died, and Dumbledore was recast to complete the production schedule. He'd already been in 2 films at that time, AND he was a legend. You don't think that didn't hit the cast, especially the children, hard?

But no matter what happened, there would still be comparisons. This movie will be compared to the first. Namor will be compared to Killmonger, had their been a new actor as T'Challa, he'd be compared to Chadwick. Hell, if Chadwick not died, he'd be compared to his portrayal in the first. His portrayals between Civil Wars and BP1 were already compared.

But, after watching the film, how many agree that this felt like a Swan Song for Wakanda overall?
Wasn’t Harry Potter following the book though? So they needed to recast him.

These Black Panther stories are movie made.

I think this movie was kinda a tribute to Chadwick and we might get a new BP in another movie.

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
So far all I'm feeling is pissed off there's no Black Panther to stop these punk ass fish people