Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Big $ Bob is not going to let that happen again..

Low key I want them to do some expensive practical effects. More scenes like T'Challa running and jump on cars on the highway like in Civil War. Not replacing him completely with a CGI model. Do some MIssion Impossible Fallout type stunts. Shoot on real locations.

I almost hate thats its probably got a release date already. I'd rather they take the time with the film.

But damn if this wasn't the year to take the Best Picture oscar.
As long as the fight choreography and sfx are on point then people will probably enjoy this one more than the first.

Cooler definitely needs to make this more comic book-y tho. Still have social commentary but not as heavy with it. Make T'Challa a straight savage as far as abilities and skills go. That's what people loved about him in Civil War. Also give him more moments of levity and humor, but not going too far.

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
52456036_2109845325764023_1683931903666683904_n.jpg

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
It's ok for Batman to beat Superman and embarrass Green Lantern

But when BP beats Thor and embarrasses Ironman, well now that's different :mjpls:

And this ain't anything new for BP, buddy got feats

But we know that don't matter:mjpls:

I know right. His fukking introduction was serving the Fantastic Four.

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
@Primetime @Dr. Narcisse

Now since the movie got nominated for Oscars you have more people coming out the wood works. I guess he t doesn't know the movie is an adaption of a comic book.

:mjpls:

Awful, low quality garbage

This movie was terrible. Absolutely terrible. I have come to despise the banality and low quality of Marvel's stupid comic book movies, but I was curious to see the cultural phenomenon of "Black Panther" for myself. After all, a film that moved and inspired African Americans to such an extraordinary degree and is even up for Best Picture at the Oscars had to be a cut above the run-of-the-mill. It was not.

The conceit of a small African country secretly possessing the most advanced technology in the world is a good one, but this movie failed to execute it in a successful way. The CGI was sub-par, the acting, especially by Michael B. Jordan, was terrible, the storyline was unbelievably moronic and- when you think about it- the whole concept is really very insulting towards Black people.

After all, the only reason the Wakandans achieved anything was not because of anything inherent in the people but because a meteorite of almost magical power landed in their territory and imbued the population with supernatural abilities. Such an idea isn't exactly complimentary to African people. In addition, you have a tribal chieftain nicknamed Big Gorilla who grunts like a monkey when angered and people who, in this supposedly advanced society, wear plates in their distended lower lips. That's like Queen Elizabeth sporting a face tattoo like her German ancestors or presiding over a royal audience bare-breasted and painted blue. No one can see a person with a plate in their lips without breaking out in laughter. Similarly hilarious, the people of Wakanda prove their bona fides to each other by pulling down their lower lips, a ridiculously undignified gesture, to reveal some sort of vanadium birthmark. That's only one step up in stupidity from dropping drawers and presenting bare bottoms. These tropes reflect the patronizing and even derisive atmosphere in which the Black Panther universe was created.

I can understand why African Americans were so excited to see people like themselves as heroic protagonists, but this was in reality a movie for morons that was actually rather denigrating towards African people, so perhaps the craze over Black Panther tells us something about the low cultural level of a large percentage of our population.

:snoop::pacspit:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Big $ Bob is not going to let that happen again..

Low key I want them to do some expensive practical effects. More scenes like T'Challa running and jump on cars on the highway like in Civil War. Not replacing him completely with a CGI model. Do some MIssion Impossible Fallout type stunts. Shoot on real locations.

I almost hate thats its probably got a release date already. I'd rather they take the time with the film.

But damn if this wasn't the year to take the Best Picture oscar.
That isn't on Croogler that's on Disney they love green sceeening shyt majority of the time.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think thats where Disney needs to adjust/grow though. Unless its Infinity War level (cause that was just a game changer)

Studios will always cut costs where they can. If Coogler tries to push for more on location shooting, they MAY budge, may, but I doubt it. Also, the thing about Disney/Marvel is that they are a machine that has everything planned out and on a tight schedule. A movie studio is a controlled setting, they control all the elements, a real location is unpredictable where conditions can be unfavorable and hold up shooting and they can't afford that.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Studios will always cut costs where they can. If Coogler tries to push for more on location shooting, they MAY budge, may, but I doubt it. Also, the thing about Disney/Marvel is that they are a machine that has everything planned out and on a tight schedule. A movie studio is a controlled setting, they control all the elements, a real location is unpredictable where conditions can be unfavorable and hold up shooting and they can't afford that.
Movie made 1.3 billion, nominated for 7 oscars (winning 3).... I mean if Coogler cant get more perks for the sequel well expect that to be his last film with Marvel.

Feige said Marvel will wait for the sequel until Coogler is ready. I don't see why they woudn't just release the sequel until it is ready

If any film can adjust its release date it should be BP2. Take all the time they need. After Endgame there shouldn't any big "tie in" or deadline to worry about.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Question about wakanda in the comics. Are they technologically advanced because they were rich and bought tech from outside or was it inherited knowledge from being around for so long unconquered??

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Movie made 1.3 billion, nominated for 7 oscars (winning 3).... I mean if Coogler cant get more perks for the sequel well expect that to be his last film with Marvel.

Feige said Marvel will wait for the sequel until Coogler is ready. I don't see why they woudn't just release the sequel until it is ready

If any film can adjust its release date it should be BP2. Take all the time they need. After Endgame there shouldn't any big "tie in" or deadline to worry about.

They say that, but you know they can't wait but so long. Sh!t, right now it's damn near the only thing set in motion. They have nothing after Endgame, and the landscape will be so different that they'll need a heavy hitter soon.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Question about wakanda in the comics. Are they technologically advanced because they were rich and bought tech from outside or was it inherited knowledge from being around for so long unconquered??

They're isolated and homegrown They were just naturally that far ahead of the world, mostly due to the vibranium meteor that crashed there millenia ago. They mined it and used it in the development of Wakanda into what it became. Learning the properties of vibranium is what lead to them isolating themselves from the world.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They're isolated and homegrown They were just naturally that far ahead of the world, mostly due to the vibranium meteor that crashed there millenia ago. They mined it and used it in the development of Wakanda into what it became. Learning the properties of vibranium is what lead to them isolating themselves from the world.

Ok thanks. Basically like the families in the middle east discovery oil on their land and built the shyt up themselves.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

They are advanced because the Vibranium Mound that crashed in Wakanda allowed them to excellerate. They never brought any tech from the outside world, on the contrary, the outside world covets Wakanda’s substanial tech and resources very VERY much

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
They say that, but you know they can't wait but so long. Sh!t, right now it's damn near the only thing set in motion. They have nothing after Endgame, and the landscape will be so different that they'll need a heavy hitter soon.

I get that. However, if this movie only films just 3 months and does no serious filming in Africa....thats disappointing :yeshrug:

I mean TDK is considered the GOAT here and that shot for 5 months. I think Infinity War shot for a 6 months (same for Endgame I believe)

Now they pulled off a great film through the previous formula. So I get not wanting to change things, but yea I'd rather have more time to film in certain locations with actors. But whatever. :manny: