Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Original Score
Costume Design
Production Design
I low key feel like i can point out a specific scenes that won the ocsars.

Original Score (Black Panther entering Wakanda for the First Time) felt nostaligic for everyone even though it was our first time seeing due to the music.

Costume Design (The waterfall scene before he fights M'baku, just impressive)

Production Design (The Throne Room Scene were they meet M'baku)

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I low key feel like i can point out a specific scenes that won the ocsars.

Original Score (Black Panther entering Wakanda for the First Time) felt nostaligic for everyone even though it was our first time seeing due to the music.

Costume Design (The waterfall scene before he fights M'baku, just impressive)

Production Design (The Throne Room Scene were they meet M'baku)
The beginning of Black Panther was just sublime. The Wakanda theme was soo soo good. Like you said, it felt nostalgic even though it was a first time for everyone.

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i have trust in Coogler, but the sequel will have a lot of hurdles to overcome.

Different social climate, and yall know how corny nikkas are sometimes, something is cool until it becomes too cool and then the next cool thing to do is to hate on it? i've noticed that happening with BP on twitter, especially when it got nominated for best picture, saw some nikkas hating hard talking bout "shyt is overrated" or "killmonger is a terrible villain" etc, it was like overnight the next thing to do was just to hate on the movie. That's without mentioning cacs that's hurting because it did numbers and got critical acclaim.

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER

Different social climate, and yall know how corny nikkas are sometimes, something is cool until it becomes too cool and then the next cool thing to do is to hate on it? i've noticed that happening with BP on twitter, especially when it got nominated for best picture, saw some nikkas hating hard talking bout "shyt is overrated" or "killmonger is a terrible villain" etc, it was like overnight the next thing to do was just to hate on the movie. That's without mentioning cacs that's hurting because it did numbers and got critical acclaim.

True that if you check IMDB since BP got nominated for the Oscar the negative reviews been coming a mile a minute saying the same things you saying but more :mjpls:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

Its why they really can't just do the same thing. People are pick at the flaws even more. It lowkey gotta feel like a different movie in the sequel.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
It didn't help either that most of the shots they used at the Oscars of the movie were the worse ones. There were way better shots that they could have used instead.
Big $ Bob is not going to let that happen again..

Low key I want them to do some expensive practical effects. More scenes like T'Challa running and jump on cars on the highway like in Civil War. Not replacing him completely with a CGI model. Do some MIssion Impossible Fallout type stunts. Shoot on real locations.

I almost hate thats its probably got a release date already. I'd rather they take the time with the film.

But damn if this wasn't the year to take the Best Picture oscar.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

There is backlash against every major film or piece of media that is released nowadays. Consumers are fickle more than ever and people on social media love to fish for likes by going against the grain. That's why people like to say "once the honeymoon period is over" when a movie or videogame is released to massive hype and praise because it won't be long till people turn around and shytting on it.

We won't see anything from BP2 until next year at the earliest and by that time folks will have moved on passed this film. If the trailer for the sequel is lit, then folks will be hyped and excited again even the folks who were'nt big or turned against the film.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
There is backlash against every major film or piece of media that is released nowadays. Consumers are fickle more than ever and people on social media love to fish for likes by going against the grain. That's why people like to say "once the honeymoon period is over" when a movie or videogame is released to massive hype and praise because it won't be long till people turn around and shytting on it.

We won't see anything from BP2 until next year at the earliest and by that time folks will have moved on passed this film. If the trailer for the sequel is lit, then folks will be hyped and excited again even the folks who were'nt big or turned against the film.
Black panther is low key immune because the backlash to the backlash is strong as fuvk. People try to be contrarian very carefully so they dont get called racist bigots. It really has to be black folks shytting on it for it to be hurt.