humminbird

Veteran
Daps
So...we have to wait how many years before the "new" T'Challa is a grown man or do you think it will be a time skip? If a skip, then all the current BP cast would be too "old" to be his comrades. Sounds like a mess :scusthov:
kang dynasty is potentially about them teaming up with heroes from the future to stop kang

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
I keep going back to the BET comic for Black Panther from 2010. But they actually got this right. They showed Shuri as able to fight in training so it would make sense for her to be able to take up the mantle.

And all they had to do was toss in a throwaway scene of her in a gym sparing to show that she can fight but nope didn't do it.

And yeah Coogler etc..made the terrible decision to make T'Challa of average intelligence in Black Panther while Shuri was the genius. Which made no sense.

Because he was supposed to be a combination of Tony Stark, Mansa Musa, Bruce Banner, Reed Richards, and Batman and Coogler decided to make him just an average leader and average fighter who got beat by some random dude from Oakland. :francis:

Maybe he just didn't like the character or couldn't "relate" to a high achieving Black man. Who knows.
Some of the dumbest shyt I've seen itt and that's saying something. I swear some of you just talk to talk.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So about that leak
Young T'Challa actually could potentially be a great idea provided they do age him up around Secret Wars. It allows a young talented brotha like Damson Idris , Ashton Sanders.etc to take over the role. That person also doesn't have the pressure of trying to mimic or live up to Chadwick since its a new character. Have him still trying to learn the ropes but still driven, fierce, cunning. The more I think about it, the more I like this route, it's a good compromise I think, but only if they intend on aging the character up.

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
Damn y'all go ahead and make a spoilers thread...:stopitslime:

My usual theater isn't showing this in imax for some stupid ass reason so I'm gonna have to drive 100 miles to see it in iMax which means I won't be able to see this until next Saturday...:mjcry:

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
I keep going back to the BET comic for Black Panther from 2010. But they actually got this right. They showed Shuri as able to fight in training so it would make sense for her to be able to take up the mantle.

And all they had to do was toss in a throwaway scene of her in a gym sparing to show that she can fight but nope didn't do it.

And yeah Coogler etc..made the terrible decision to make T'Challa of average intelligence in Black Panther while Shuri was the genius. Which made no sense.

Because he was supposed to be a combination of Tony Stark, Mansa Musa, Bruce Banner, Reed Richards, and Batman and Coogler decided to make him just an average leader and average fighter who got beat by some random dude from Oakland. :francis:

Maybe he just didn't like the character or couldn't "relate" to a high achieving Black man. Who knows.
He's said in interviews that the first movie needed killmonger as a point of view character that the audience could identify with, that's not a verbatim quote

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
So about that leak
Young T'Challa actually could potentially be a great idea provided they do age him up around Secret Wars. It allows a young talented brotha like Damson Idris , Ashton Sanders.etc to take over the role. That person also doesn't have the pressure of trying to mimic or live up to Chadwick since its a new character. Have him still trying to learn the ropes but still driven, fierce, cunning. The more I think about it, the more I like this route, it's a good compromise I think, but only if they intend on aging the character up.
ehhh only if they do time travel jump skip the next movie bp shows up. BREH NO ONE WANTS TO WAIT 3-4 movies on to see tchalla again. they not gonna get this pass again. shyt most hardcore bp fans are pissed. lol

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
yall really kept the spoilers in check :salute:

gonna be in jamaica next week but imma peep when I get back or watch online

hopefully its good cause black adam got repeat views and was piff. Hoping to do the same with this joint

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
Before the leaks I thought Coogler just hated Black men being in charge but dude did Black women dirty as well. Maybe he subconsciously wants to destroy the franchise.

Because his decisions make zero sense unless that was the intent.
Honestly I think Coogler is just not cut out for these type of films. Feige should of let the Russo brothers handle the franchise because they did a far better job with T’Challa and Wakanda then Coogler. :yeshrug:

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
They better explain how Shuri barely knowing how to fight to doing backflips

They changed Shuri too much in the MCU to be T'challa's Q to then make her bond makes little sense

im assumign they going the Kamala Khan route (a small training montage=years of combat training) :mjlol:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Honestly I think Coogler is just not cut out for these type of films. Feige should of let the Russo brothers handle the franchise because they did a far better job with T’Challa and Wakanda then Coogler. :yeshrug:
This. I rock with Coogler as a person but this comic shyt IS NOT for him