Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I don't know why people are hella excited about Fantastic 4. Doom allegedly isn't going to be the villain, and if people are tired of the snarky, witty humor of the MCU that film is going to be rife with it. I like the F4, but they have always been corny.

X-men is going to make people angry once they see the inevitable changes that will happen with the cast and characters.

I just think it's strange that people who hate or is sick of the MCU is expecting things to magically change with these properties. Just setting themselves up for disappointment.
I actually kinda hope Doom isn’t the main villain of that first F4 film, tbh. He’s much more than that.

darryl

Superstar
Daps
I don't know why people are hella excited about Fantastic 4. Doom allegedly isn't going to be the villain, and if people are tired of the snarky, witty humor of the MCU that film is going to be rife with it. I like the F4, but they have always been corny.

X-men is going to make people angry once they see the inevitable changes that will happen with the cast and characters.

I just think it's strange that people who hate or is sick of the MCU is expecting things to magically change with these properties. Just setting themselves up for disappointment.
What do you mean breh with the inevitable changes with the xmen? Can you elaborate on that

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Read the full plot leak on reddit and it's total bs. :francis:

Huge Spoilers, so don't read unless you want to be spoiled

Ramonda gets killed by the sea mexicans during their attack on Wakanda. Why would Coogler decide on doing that? It's entirely unnecessary and wrong.

In a post credit scene Nakia is revealed as having given birth to T'Challa's son and they call him T'Challa. Apparently that's the compromise with the recast T'Challa people :francis:

Shuri is Black Panther, which we knew, but M'Baku isn't co-BP at all, she's the only BP.
Guess ill catch it when its uploaded to Spankbang :unimpressed:

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think they'll race-bend characters.

Tbh Xavier and Magneto could be race bended easily, other cast members not so much.

But does Marvel want that heat from getting rid of a jewish character.
It's no think, they will. It's just a question of who. I think Mags and Logan will remain the same. Giancarlo Esposito is heavily rumored for Xavier.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
There's not really been a "reset" so much as there are other universes.

There's the DCEU that was once connected and now "loosely/vaguely" connected but mostly standalone movies
There's the Matt Reeves Batman & family universe
There's the Joker standalone movies

If we go back to the beginning, there's been hella resets. BvS Batman is completely different than Nolan's trilogy. it was a reboot, after Nolan reboots from the last Schumacher. Superman Returns was the sequel to Superman II, then they nixed its sequel altogether. Arrow was originally planned as a spinoff from Smallville, then they reset the entire thing. Matter of fact, Smallville was supposed to be what the Arrowverse became in that it would have had multiple spinoffs. Hell, Lois & Clark was immediately after Superboy, but a completely different thing. They only recently decided to Flashpoint multiverse them.

And I just realized that Lois & Clark is the ONLY superhero show I didn't watch ever...not in real time, not ever.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I think they'll race-bend characters.

Tbh Xavier and Magneto could be race bended easily, other cast members not so much.

But does Marvel want that heat from getting rid of a jewish character.
I'm always against race bending, but if anything, they don't need Xavier at all (I've been calling for his permanent death in comics for 20 years now), and they would never race-bend Magneto.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
I'm always against race bending, but if anything, they don't need Xavier at all (I've been calling for his permanent death in comics for 20 years now), and they would never race-bend Magneto.
It does feel like they've outgrown Xavier in the comics and his multiple heinous actions even remove him from the equation as a mentor to newer mutants. However, as we saw with A.X.E. and Krakoa before it, he's still got avenues for storytelling.

In film, they can't not have him for their introduction into the MCU. It would be jarring.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Ramonda gets killed by the sea mexicans during their attack on Wakanda. Why would Coogler decide to do that? Because it's entirely unnecessary and wrong. And Angela Bassett deserves better.

In a post credit scene Nakia is revealed as having given birth to T'Challa's son and they call him T'Challa. Apparently that's the compromise with the recast T'Challa people :francis:

T'Challa gets some mysterious disease and Shuri tries to save him but can't. So as advanced as they are they can't save him from a mysterious disease?

:francis:

And yeah he wasn't going to make it but if they went with a disease they could have made it something mystical or technological that some villain was behind which would lead to Doom or someone else.

Shuri is Black Panther, which we knew, but M'Baku isn't co-BP at all, she's the only BP.

So them internet rumors floating around for over a year were true. :francis:

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
They better explain how Shuri barely knowing how to fight to doing backflips

They changed Shuri too much in the MCU to be T'challa's Q to then make her bond makes little sense

I keep going back to the BET comic for Black Panther from 2010. But they actually got this right. They showed Shuri as able to fight in training so it would make sense for her to be able to take up the mantle.

And all they had to do was toss in a throwaway scene of her in a gym sparing to show that she can fight but nope didn't do it.

And yeah Coogler etc..made the terrible decision to make T'Challa of average intelligence in Black Panther while Shuri was the genius. Which made no sense.

Because he was supposed to be a combination of Tony Stark, Mansa Musa, Bruce Banner, Reed Richards, and Batman and Coogler decided to make him just an average leader and average fighter who got beat by some random dude from Oakland. :francis:

Maybe he just didn't like the character or couldn't "relate" to a high achieving Black man. Who knows.

Last edited:

QBN

All Star
Daps

Ramonda gets killed by the sea mexicans during their attack on Wakanda. Why would Coogler decide to do that? Because it's entirely unnecessary and wrong. And Angela Bassett deserves better.

T'Challa gets some mysterious disease and Shuri tries to save him but can't. So as advanced as they are they can't save him from a mysterious disease?

:francis:

And yeah he wasn't going to make it but if they went with a disease they could have made it something mystical or technological that some villain was behind which would lead to Doom or someone else.

So...we have to wait how many years before the "new" T'Challa is a grown man or do you think it will be a time skip? If a skip, then all the current BP cast would be too "old" to be his comrades. Sounds like a mess :scusthov: