Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
shang chi director got a promotion away from MCU-niche because he showed a maturity in the way shang chi was constructed.

BP2 action in the trailers looks just like BP1. focus on the dora and you will see what I mean.

BP1 dora vs. killmonger was bad fight structure and choreography and BP2 does the same type of thing with the dora (during the boat attack).

I'm not expecting john wick, matrix or kill bill levels but it's not good.

Matrix, Kill Bill.etc had Wo Ping, a renowned, expert martial arts choreographer doing the stunts.Not sure who was doing BP. Action does seem to be Coogler's weakest point with these films. Definitely not on the level of Russos or Cretton which is unfortunate. Interestingly, Nolan had the same weakness with the Batman films, at least with hand to hand combat, the chase sequences were good.

Daps
What makes it trash? out of curiosity.

Namor being Mexican is probably the most interesting route they have taken the character. Would people feel much better if he was a White dude flooding Wakanda? I feel like this was no-win situation, because any race you make the guy, people here will complain.

The acting seemed off, kinda hard to explain. Maybe it will work better in the context of the entire movie but I wasn't feeling it as a "one shot" preview. It didn't excite me at all. No epic lines were said.

I feel like if the Black Panther cast went on the Late Show and they played a preview during their interview, this isn't the clip to show. You gotta show something that's gonna excite the audience and get applause. And I don't get that feeling here.

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
Read the full plot leak on reddit and it's total bs. :francis:

Huge Spoilers, so don't read unless you want to be spoiled

Ramonda gets killed by the sea mexicans during their attack on Wakanda. Why would Coogler decide to do that? Because it's entirely unnecessary and wrong. And Angela Bassett deserves better.

In a post credit scene Nakia is revealed as having given birth to T'Challa's son and they call him T'Challa. Apparently that's the compromise with the recast T'Challa people :francis:

T'Challa gets some mysterious disease and Shuri tries to save him but can't. So as advanced as they are they can't save him from a mysterious disease?

:francis:

And yeah he wasn't going to make it but if they went with a disease they could have made it something mystical or technological that some villain was behind which would lead to Doom or someone else.

Shuri is Black Panther, which we knew, but M'Baku isn't co-BP at all, she's the only BP.

Last edited:
Daps
They're basically giving away the entire movie in the trailers and tv spots. And in them they're promoting Namor for the latinos because there aren't any prominent Black men for them to promote which was their decision :mjpls:

But giving away this much of the plot indicates that they probably don't think it's going to do as well and they're trying to get as big an opening weekend as possible.
heard the movie was 3hrs

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Who's hating on this? I thought this was good and have seen nothing but praise for Huerta's acting.
's acting.
Check out youtube.
Matrix, Kill Bill.etc had Wo Ping, a renowned, expert martial arts choreographer doing the stunts.Not sure who was doing BP. Action does seem to be Coogler's weakest point with these films. Definitely not on the level of Russos or Cretton which is unfortunate. Interestingly, Nolan had the same weakness with the Batman films, at least with hand to hand combat, the chase sequences were good.
I still think yall underrating the action before that.

I will say that 3rd act didnt have a real sense of structure but more importantly geography. There was a breh who use to post here who said that Marvel fel the fight scenes were too long.

Its very possible Coogler intended to shoot longer fights and once in the editing room it was clear these fights were going to look choppy.

Lets see if he's learn or grown from it. But yes The Dark Knight is the GOAT cmb movie and no one talks about how good the fights are.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Ramonda gets killed by the sea mexicans during their attack on Wakanda. Why would Coogler decide on doing that? It's entirely unnecessary and wrong.

In a post credit scene Nakia is revealed as having given birth to T'Challa's son and they call him T'Challa. Apparently that's the compromise with the recast T'Challa people :francis:

Shuri is Black Panther, which we knew, but M'Baku isn't co-BP at all, she's the only BP.
M'Baku worships Hanuman, not Bast. It wouldn't make sense for him to be BP.

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps

Ramonda gets killed by the sea mexicans during their attack on Wakanda. Why would Coogler decide on doing that? It's entirely unnecessary and wrong.

Apparently, M'Baku is barely in the movie

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Check out youtube.

I will say that 3rd act didnt have a real sense of structure but more importantly geography. There was a breh who use to post here who said that Marvel fel the fight scenes were too long.

Its very possible Coogler intended to shoot longer fights and once in the editing room it was clear these fights were going to look choppy.

Lets see if he's learn or grown from it. But yes The Dark Knight is the GOAT cmb movie and no one talks about how good the fights are.

Ah Youtube is filled with racist chuds and haters. No shock there. It's going to be a mess when this film comes out because different sets of people are going to go in biased as all hell and wanting to rip this film apart.

and that is a possibility. Post production did kinda fukk the first film up especially with the CGI

darryl

Superstar
Daps

So really no Dr doom huh? Complete and utter bullshyt. Would've been perfect to end phase 4 on that note. Phase 4 is garage outside of No Way Home

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
Check out youtube.

The fight scenes in TDK? going to have to disagree breh. Fight scenes have always been a severe Nolan weak point everything else is fine.

The best action scenes in both Batman Begins and TDK involve Batman in the tumbler anything outside of that is yikes

Just poor choreography and editing. I won't even comment on the fight scenes in TDKR

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
So they're having an all-black screening here in Vancouver. next Thursday. Should be majority black people in attendance, mostly black women, tempted to go.

But I am not sure if I will be able to handle the talking and shouting at the screen.

:russ:

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
So really no Dr doom huh? Complete and utter bullshyt. Would've been perfect to end phase 4 on that note. Phase 4 is garage outside of No Way Home

TBH with no T'Challa what would currently be the point? Apparently, they were working on something but it's probably been pulled.

I mean does Dr Doom vs Shuri sound that interesting?

darryl

Superstar
Daps
TBH with no T'Challa what would currently be the point? Apparently, they were working on something but it's probably been pulled.

I mean does Dr Doom vs Shuri sound that interesting?
I guess you're right breh but I mean 10 years ago we had the avengers end with Thanos. That's had us hyped for what was to come. Wtf is to get excited about currently? I mean we all think Kang is going to be that nikka but that's what we're hoping, ain't no guarantee that's a sure thing. All the things we want to see like xmen and f4 is still like 3-4 years away.

Piff Tannen

Superstar
Daps

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I guess you're right breh but I mean 10 years ago we had the avengers end with Thanos. That's had us hyped for what was to come. Wtf is to get excited about currently? I mean we all think Kang is going to be that nikka but that's what we're hoping, ain't no guarantee that's a sure thing. All the things we want to see like xmen and f4 is still like 3-4 years away.

I don't know why people are hella excited about Fantastic 4. Doom allegedly isn't going to be the villain, and if people are tired of the snarky, witty humor of the MCU that film is going to be rife with it. I like the F4, but they have always been corny.

X-men is going to make people angry once they see the inevitable changes that will happen with the cast and characters.

I just think it's strange that people who hate or is sick of the MCU is expecting things to magically change with these properties. Just setting themselves up for disappointment.