Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Black Panther 2 director facing "a lot of pressure"

Filmmaker Ryan Coogler has spoken of the pressures he faces whilst getting ready to shoot the sequel to Black Panther.

Coogler's first assault on blockbuster territory was with this year's original Black Panther for Marvel Studios, which summoned a mighty $1.3 billion at the box office.

As he readies the next instalment of King T'Challa's journey, the writer/director is opening up about the intense amount of pressure that comes with being a part of such a beloved franchise.

Speaking at the IndieWire Honours 2018, Coogler said: "I think the pressure is kind of always going to be there. I've had a chance to make three feature films, each one of them had its own very specific type of pressure.

"In the process of it, it feels insurmountable each time." (via Heroic Hollywood).

The Creed director then explained his methods behind working on a sequel of this stature.

"When it comes to making a sequel, I've never done it before, a sequel to something that I've directed myself. So I think there's gonna be a lot of pressure there, but what we're going to try to do is just focus on the work, like we always do.

"Really try to go step by step and try to quiet everything else around us, really focus on trying to make something that has some type of meaning."

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Episode 13, midseason final

Arguably the greatest single episode of a superhero cartoon... ever. :wow:

Link:

@Ironman @Young Bishop @Ziggiy @BXKingPin82 @Rastafarian42 @Versa @wire28

Look, even if yall didn't watch the first 12 episodes and don't plan to (yall fukking up tho :ufdup:) this ep alone is worth the 20 minutes, even if you wouldn't understand what the fukk is going on. shyt is FLAMES. :damn: FLAMES :damn::damn::damn:

There's this one big fight.. well several big fights... but maaaaan, put that in an MCU movie :steviej:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY

Link:

@Ironman @Young Bishop @Ziggiy @BXKingPin82 @Rastafarian42 @Versa

Look, even if yall didn't watch the first 12 episodes and don't plan to (yall fukking up tho :ufdup:) this ep alone is worth the 20 minutes, even if you wouldn't understand what the fukk is going on. shyt is FLAMES. :damn: FLAMES :damn::damn::damn:

There's this one big fight.. well several big fights... but maaaaan, put that in an MCU movie :steviej:
I DVRd them two episodes. Gonna watch in the morning.
:takedat:

I really enjoyed this little series tho.
Captain America quick to blame Zemo for everything!
:russ:

And T'Challa like, "nah Captain, hes cool!"
:ufdup:

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area

Link:

Not going to lie I'm still salty at Marvel for canceling Avengers Earths Mightest Heroes :mjcry:

But if you recommend it I'll watch

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound

Link:

I did like the first 2 eps I just hate the drawing style :scust:Plus I keep forgetting it's on:pachaha:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I did like the first 2 eps I just hate the drawing style :scust:Plus I keep forgetting it's on:pachaha:

The art/animation is the only thing holding it back. I don't think we'd look down on it as much if it came out in '92-'94 saturday morning era, but shyt is inexcusable in 2018/2019.

This show would be seen as upper echeleon if it had the young justice animation quality to match it's great story telling

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Not going to lie I'm still salty at Marvel for canceling Avengers Earths Mightest Heroes :mjcry:

But if you recommend it I'll watch

I feel ya. I'd say just watch episodes 12 and 13, as that's when things escalate. I think based off those 2, you'll know whether or not you'll care to watch the 2nd half of the season.