The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
The negativity in here
People are about to watch a Black Panther movie without Black Panther in it. That's enough cause for worry already. Then top that off with all the problems it's had since it was announced.

We'd all love it to be the GOAT movie ever. But if we're placing bets...........

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
I got no problems with the first movie at all it's in my top 5 MCU but something is about this film is not passing the sniff test for me and one of the reasons changing Namor's origin I personally felt that was done to not make this too hard for black people to understand that some character comes from an underwater city called Atlantis do you know how many jokes black Twitter would get off on that alone lol??
I hear you but we don't really know how it's going to play out. Maybe they'll put up something like "Atlantis had contacts with Latin America milleniums ago and inspired Native American culture", a little bit like they did with the Eternals influencing human culture throughout the ages.

DC's Aquaman movie might have played a slight role into that decision. Disney's diversity strategy too; executives are maybe trying to hit the Latino market the same way they did the Black one.

Tbh, I'm not mad at that. Gotta see how it plays out in the movie. The MCU has been tweaking and adapting major comic plot points and characterizations forever and this one seems pretty unconsequential in comparison.

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
Its pretty obvious why they changed Namors origin. It's an easy win for Marvel it gives Latinos begging for 'representation' a character to root for.

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
At least he is being honest about his stance originally and not trying to point fingers at others when he is responsible. You have people in here still trying to lie about not wanting a recast initially. They are trying to push insane conspiracy theories now about them wanting to replace strong Black guys with Black women when their asses were the main ones not wanting a recast initially because of whatever nonsense. Own up to your mistakes then try to push for a recast for the next one, but the conspiracy shyt is just going to undermine whatever you are pushing. Part two is already filmed, though. Y'all appear as genuine imbeciles expecting them to have a recast in that

I know knew what was going to happen as soon as people realized what no T'Challa in the MCU would mean.

Now people are LTTP in seeing this is a damn loss and a respectful recast could have been done.

I've always said if either Chris Evans or RDJ died in real life do you think Marvel would not recast.

I sadly think Chadwick dying in real life accelerated movie plans to make Shuri the Black Panther, as people were yassss sister when that news came out. Now a ton of people dislike Letita Wright for her covid foolhiness you know Marvel knows they bet on the wrong horse.

Now tons of people see how her as the BP will probably be mid and want a variant version of T Challa to swoop in.

I still think they're holding back on major stuff. I suspect we'll hear full leaks once the first trailer hits.

I love the first movie not perfect in any sense of the word. But I still saw it 7 times at the cinema. And it cleared a billion. Helped in no part by the groundwork Chadwick laid down in other movies as T' Challa.

Him not being in this is a damn loss. In no way do I want this film to fail. But man it's not sounding good.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Its pretty obvious why they changed Namors origin. It's an easy win for Marvel it gives Latinos begging for 'representation' a character to root for.
Yea but that's not why.. They don't want confusion with Aquaman. You don't follow up a billion dollar movie about a swim god from atlantis by making your main bad a swim god from atlantis but Marvel.

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
Namor and Namora, namors cousin

77mt7trce9991.jpg

hdf1nwalxe991.jpg

Also a promo look at Attuma. A namor villian

GUEST_24c2f702-53b3-4667-933a-64cbedd71555

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

The real question is why are they throwing a bunch of Mexicans into a supposed black IP :mjpls:

We damn well know the the reverse would not be allowed to happen nor would they go or be for it :mjpls:

But the black IP is the one that gets all lives mattered?

Reminds me of when Black Panther got first announced and Gina Rodiriguez immediately ran her dirty mouth on some “y’all are making a movie about black people but not us?:what::mjpls:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Namor and Namora, namors cousin

77mt7trce9991.jpg

hdf1nwalxe991.jpg

Also a promo look at Attuma. A namor villian

GUEST_24c2f702-53b3-4667-933a-64cbedd71555

Disney must've got the BP2 concept art mixed up with the Avatar sequel. This is why they shouldn't be allowed to buy anymore film companies, brehs.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Yea but that's not why.. They don't want confusion with Aquaman. You don't follow up a billion dollar movie about a swim god from atlantis by making your main bad a swim god from atlantis but Marvel.
It's unfortunate, given the depth and sheer age of the character but this is the correct answer. They completely revamped Namor because Aquaman hit it big first in the box office and they don't think the average viewer will be able to differentiate the two.

Thing is, without T'Challa, Namor would have crushed Wakanda permanently. :francis: