AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Aldis Hodge would’ve been perfect but he’s in the DC universe now.

Also Jonathon Majors before they cast him as Kang.

If they wanted to go a bit younger for franchise purposes i’d say that Damson Idris would make a good choice, but it might be too jarring to go from Chadwick, who was thoroughly seasoned to a younger looking actor.
John David Washington and Aldis Hodge are my top picks for the new T’Challa.
A. Hodge has taking a good leap forward as an actor so I agree he is the best male actor for BP. Damson is too young IMO, J. Majors would have been cool to but is too American. And I don't think JD Washington can pull it off. He is too American and too short. When I say too American I don't think they would do well pretending to be African.
That's why I am on the Lupita/Nakia Train. She is actually African and as good of not better acting wise than everyone mentioned. Plus, she was in the first movie as T'Challa's lover. It would be organic and seemless for her to be the next BP.

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
And I don't think JD Washington can pull it off. He is too American and too short. When I say too American I don't think they would do well pretending to be African.

Tom Holland, Robert Downey Jr and Paul Rudd are short too but they were perfectly cast for their respective role.

Height shouldn’t exclude anyone from acting in a prominent role unless they are literally dwarfs.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
A. Hodge has taking a good leap forward as an actor so I agree he is the best male actor for BP. Damson is too young IMO, J. Majors would have been cool to but is too American. And I don't think JD Washington can pull it off. He is too American and too short. When I say too American I don't think they would do well pretending to be African.
That's why I am on the Lupita/Nakia Train. She is actually African and as good of not better acting wise than everyone mentioned. Plus, she was in the first movie as T'Challa's lover. It would be organic and seemless for her to be the next BP.

Nakia is not nor will ever be Black Panther. T’Challa is Black Panther. PERIOD. Nakia is a spy. She’s not part of the royal family. She’s never been trained on how to lead nor handle all the political aspects of rulership.

And Chadwick Boseman was 100% African American. Thats why its called ACTING. Because a great actor can play different roles, different accents, different characteristics. All this “too American” talk makes not a drop of sense.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Nakia is not nor will ever be Black Panther. T’Challa is Black Panther. PERIOD. Nakia is a spy. She’s not part of the royal family. She’s never been trained on how to lead nor handle all the political aspects of rulership.

And Chadwick Boseman was 100% African American. Thats why its called ACTING. Because a great actor can play different roles, different accents, different characteristics. All this “too American” talk makes not a drop of sense.
I'm saying JD Washington and J. Majors aren't as good as Chadwick Boseman acting wise. I don't think they can pull it off. I think Hodge can.
But Shuri (comics) and Killmonger were BP to so that's not true that T'Challa is BP period.
They didn't define Nakia's family tree maybe she is in a family that could Challenge for the title. It's a one sentence problem solver for the movies.

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
Yeah Hodge would have been my choice his definitely levelled up acting wise and can stand next to any of the other current MCU superheroes and not look out of place. His got the look, physicality and the slight dry wit down

But yeah his Hawkguy but I would look at an opportunity like this as a once in a lifetime offer. I doubt his role is that big in Black Adam. Getting a chance for a lead in a billion dollar franchise sheeshh

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Why don't they just hold off on it until after the fantastic 4 are introduced then recast him in a soft reboot and bring back killmonger?