humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Eh lets not forget Marvel did this :francis:

60j0bt.gif

So if thats not an old pic that could still be Shuri.

Plus Grace is talking about what they are doing here.

No strong male characters for most of the film :jbhmm:
I mean we saw it coming and I don’t have a problem but there’s still hope for a male black panther who’s not m’baku

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t really care who inherits it at this point. I’m mainly interested in how they’re going to write T’Challa off

Daps
Star-Lord T’Challa
  • They’ve already done the origin story
  • He’s established in Wakanda
  • He’s established in space
  • He’s a more jovial personality
He’d have the best supporting cast from both franchises (Okoye, M’Baku, Shuri,... Thanos, Yondu, Nebula, etc) all interacting with each other...

It literally writes itself

i think this would be dope and like you mentioned, they got the origin story in already - but because it was voiced/animated by Chadwick, i could see marvel retiring this character too out of respect

we prolly beating a deadhorse at this point, but it was interesting to see a few more mainstream outlets discuss recasting recently

alternatively they could do a more war-ready version:
- his timeline had the same events as MCU T'Challa, except Namor flooded Wakanda during their conflict and he lost everyone else there
- makes the wakanda/atlantis conflict more serious while establishing that namor is willing to kill innocents for his side
- he gets into initial conflict/disagreement with the rest of the group, who want to honor the T'Challa they knew - who wouldn't be down for killing civilians in a war if it can be avoided

etc :manny: there's a lot of ways they could do this imo, and as convoluted some of the multiverse shyt is, it still sounds less messy to me than writing around T'Challa being black panther

i'm personally more in favor of shuri inheriting it than m'baku and kaluuya's character tho

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
coogler had a good run and im not even gonna count this one against him

its like you watchin a ball game and every close call keeps going the other teams way. if he manages to pull a decent movie out his ass i'll chalk it up to stealing a win on the road at the last second and keep it moving. otherwise ive accepted the incoming L