nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Marvel could just pull another T’Challa from a different universe like they are doing with Spiderman. :unimpressed:

T’Challa has existed before Chadwick was even born. A actor should not be tied into a fictional character. If that’s the case than Superman movies would cease to exist due to Reeves death.

That still involves an explanation and you will have to rebuild the previously-established relationships with all of the other characters. That detracts from the movie.

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
That still involves an explanation and you will have to rebuild the previously-established relationships with all of the other characters. That detracts from the movie.

They can kill off the main T’Challa and than resurrect him back via the multiverse but with a different body. It’s not that hard to explain and pull off.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
I don't know why I keep reading folks saying that Blacck Panther needed the Russo to have better fight scenes. Back when Civil War came out, the trend was that the Russo couldn't film action sequences for shyt, and that all they're fight scenes were shaky camera bullshyt.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
What you all don’t seem to understand is by not recasting T’Challa, it’s the ultimate honor to Boseman because his character will remain immortalized in the MCU and will remain cannon permanently.

recasting erases Boseman’s T’Challa from the MCU.

I could see if Boseman died after Civil War and you want to recast. Fine. But he was in 4 MCU films including a solo. And not just any 4 films. Civil War, End Game and Infinity War.

do you really think it’s ok to just recast? Really?
I don't even think about Chadwick when I say that T'Challa shouldn't be recasted. I just think that's better for the MCU's continuity.

It avoids the cognitive dissonance and the constant comparisons that would otherwise happen with the new actor.

It also makes for potentially interesting storylines and gives a new slate to explore the Black Panther. A lot of the people lamented that MCU T'Challa was too meek compared to the comics' iteration (something I liked personally), so why keep with him? Giving the mantle to somebody else is an opportunity to fix that without contradicting what already happened with T'Challa's character development.

Daps
Marvel could just pull another T’Challa from a different universe like they are doing with Spiderman. :unimpressed:

T’Challa has existed before Chadwick was even born. A actor should not be tied into a fictional character. If that’s the case than Superman movies would cease to exist due to Reeves death.

this, especially since they are in a multiverse arc right now

the "new" T'Challa could be characterized differently - maybe a bit more cynical based on events in his timeline, while highlighting the aspects of the character that wasnt shown in the 1st movie

he would still be a different T'Challa so it wouldn't infringe upon Chadwick's iteration

this would be the easiest and best solution imo - and it can lead to understandable conflict when the other characters are not sure how to receive "another" T'challa

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
this, especially since they are in a multiverse arc right now

the "new" T'Challa could be characterized differently - maybe a bit more cynical based on events in his timeline, while highlighting the aspects of the character that wasnt shown in the 1st movie

he would still be a different T'Challa so it wouldn't infringe upon Chadwick's iteration

this would be the easiest and best solution imo - and it can lead to understandable conflict when the other characters are not sure how to receive "another" T'challa

Star-Lord T’Challa
  • They’ve already done the origin story
  • He’s established in Wakanda
  • He’s established in space
  • He’s a more jovial personality
He’d have the best supporting cast from both franchises (Okoye, M’Baku, Shuri,... Thanos, Yondu, Nebula, etc) all interacting with each other...

It literally writes itself

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
They can kill off the main T’Challa and than resurrect him back via the multiverse but with a different body. It’s not that hard to explain and pull off.
Or they could just skip all that and recast the role with a new actor. :manny:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
So now there’s an mcu promo image going around
Dude cropped out black panther but you can tell it's a man
B4-A06374-9-F7-F-49-B9-999-B-213-C7355-BE8-E.jpg
Please don't be m'baku :sadcam: