[Official] Matt Groening x Netflix: "Disenchantment". New Adult Animated Comedy

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i don't believe Matt Greoning has much to do with the success of his previous shows, he's just the creator/ultimate beneficiary. i just assumed a show with his people and those 2 shows in their past would be good. this one isn't. i did watch a few episodes yesterday and it was better than season 1, so i'll give them that.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
story wise, I think S1 pt 2 is better. def. show overall a slow burn and overall more focused on stories/characters than gags or jokes.

OVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
I don't really like Tiabeanie like that. She's an extremely flawed character which maybe the point but sometimes the narrative doesn't point it out like it's completely her fault that her father was shot and she doesn't experience any guilt or self doubt she just excuses it was an accident. Odval despite his 'heel' turn was right to throw her in jail.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
gotta be the most disappointing show in the history of net-- streaming in general, to be honest. I'm still gonna watch to see some light shine through. There's a little potential here and there, but most episodes just die. Way too much talent and pedigree for this show to be this average.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
this is back? well, guess i gotta torture myself and shyt post again

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
the new worlds are nice (really like steampunk world), and the story's interesting enough...beyond that...eh.

The last few eps tried to be kinda epic...but didn't really match up.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i don't know why i feel an obligation to watch this since it sucks so bad, but i'm 3 episode into season 3 and I continue to be baffled. this is never getting good. i mean, i knew that already, but i can fully confirm now. what a piece of crap. so many talented people making this piece of crap. it's worse than Space Force.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
wouldn't say it's crap...but it's definitely not what I expected. They've focused on story overall more than gags/jokes. It has its moments here and there and the worlds are cool, but I think because of who's its made by, there were certain expectations

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
i don't know why i feel an obligation to watch this since it sucks so bad, but i'm 3 episode into season 3 and I continue to be baffled. this is never getting good. i mean, i knew that already, but i can fully confirm now. what a piece of crap. so many talented people making this piece of crap. it's worse than Space Force.

It just feels like a joyless show, and I don’t think it’s so much that the jokes suck or the characters aren’t funny. No one is likable, the good guys seem to always lose, they did too good of a job making the “world” the characters live in dreary and dreadful.

wouldn't say it's crap...but it's definitely not what I expected. They've focused on story overall more than gags/jokes. It has its moments here and there and the worlds are cool, but I think because of who's its made by, there were certain expectations

Also the long story format doesn’t help because it all seems pointless. At least with episodes they could explore certain themes and move on.

Look at he freakshow situation. They go there chasing someone, completely forget and move on from that to a freakshow storyline, and then the boat/mermaids. Nothing was accomplished through all those episodes but to set up the next episode. All of those storyline in unique individual episodes may have worked better, because they could have resolved it and moved on, but nothing gets resolved in this show as they head into another bad situation that they can’t resolve. It makes it more depressing.

Last edited:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
It just feels like a joyless show, and I don’t think it’s so much that the jokes suck or the characters aren’t funny. No one is likable, the good guys seem to always lose, they did too good of a job making the “world” the characters live in dreary and dreadful.

i actually do think the jokes suck. they hit on maybe 2-3 an episode, and the rest literally leave me sitting there wondering "that's it?" every now and then you see something and think, "ah, that's clever" and there's no exuse for why everything isn't like that. Like even the background gags that would land on the Simpsons die most of the time. And they still think the fukkin Elf names are gold. "This is Sleepo... he sleeps." made that up, but that's essentially the level of comedy they've put into those jokes. Last episode i watched they had Bean's brother (with that annoying ass Simpsons woman's voice that we've heard 100 times before) playing 3 card monty with some forest animals, and that was pretty much it. it wasn't even remorely funny. he gets robbed and "grows up." i kept waiting for something funny to happen. nothing funny happened.

I'm a big British comedy nerd and it pisses me off that they have guys like Matt Berry, Noel Fielding, Rich Fulcher, Sharon Horgan and Richard Ayoade and they're just doing nothing. those people are funny as fukk and they do nothing. the main 3 are still terrible too and DiMaggio's voice is annoying in this. the king isn't funny.