[Official] Matt Groening x Netflix: "Disenchantment". New Adult Animated Comedy

Conz

Superstar
Daps
modern day Simpsons is better than this show

Barbados Slim

All Star
Daps
so yeah, 4 episodes in and this shows sucks on every level. it doesn't excel anywhere. the characters suck, the main 3 voice actors are crap, the animation is shaky and for some reason the pacing and sound work is amateur hour. Netflix is... not good at a lot of shyt. They basically ordered a neutered Futurama except not as interesting, much less funny, and featuring shytty characters. nice job.

The friggin Demon should be Bender pt. 2, and he's just... boring. Not sure how they're botching that character so badly.

Agreed, I only made it to 3 episodes and I just stopped. It was just disappointing; I was forcing myself to laugh at what were attempts at jokes and I was so eager for it to be another Futurama...I've actually gone back and started watching Futurama from the beginning!

i honestly couldn't tell you how i felt about Futurama when it debuted (in 99?) but i can tell you that at the very least, i know damn well i liked Fry, Bender, Leela, Zoidberg, Farnsworth etc. the characters were good from the get go. the characters in this show suck.

Facts. Characters were entertaining from the start, these guys are not, Elfo was actually borderline annoying.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
so yeah, 4 episodes in and this shows sucks on every level. it doesn't excel anywhere. the characters suck, the main 3 voice actors are crap, the animation is shaky and for some reason the pacing and sound work is amateur hour. Netflix is... not good at a lot of shyt. They basically ordered a neutered Futurama except not as interesting, much less funny, and featuring shytty characters. nice job.

The friggin Demon should be Bender pt. 2, and he's just... boring. Not sure how they're botching that character so badly.
It ain’t Netflix fault

The characters are fine, it’s just the plot

Conz

Superstar
Daps
It ain’t Netflix fault

The characters are fine, it’s just the plot
Netflix continually greenlights meh shyt. it's like they still don't have a staff of executives who really know what they're doing. feels like they need more people who have been in the Hollywood trenches to steer shyt. I'm sure Groening had full autonomy though, and it makes me think they people he had around him for the Simpsons and Futurama were the real geniuses. (which i always assumed anyway)

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Andre was killing it as luci
another thing i keep seeing. he was the best of the 3, but he just spoke. the characters sucked when it came to emoting, especially the chick. and for as cool an idea as a little 2D demon character is, they didn't do nearly enough with him and he was far too tame. He coulda/shoulda been Bender on steroids.

Maude

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Midwest
another thing i keep seeing. he was the best of the 3, but he just spoke. the characters sucked when it came to emoting, especially the chick. and for as cool an idea as a little 2D demon character is, they didn't do nearly enough with him and he was far too tame. He coulda/shoulda been Bender on steroids.
He supposed to be a demon but bender is more evil then him:snoop:

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He supposed to be a demon but bender is more evil then him:snoop:
I think the problem with luci is that compare to the bean he rather tame. I mean bean herself is a selfish-person willing to steal from dead family member and other act of evil.It would be hard to try be the bender to bean fry when the fry like person is already petty evil them self.

Mr. McDowell

The Brotha's Got His Own Money
Daps
Reppin
Jamaica Estates
Netflix continually greenlights meh shyt. it's like they still don't have a staff of executives who really know what they're doing. feels like they need more people who have been in the Hollywood trenches to steer shyt. I'm sure Groening had full autonomy though, and it makes me think they people he had around him for the Simpsons and Futurama were the real geniuses. (which i always assumed anyway)

This is false. Netflix has a ton of executives who have over a decade in the business. Most of them are from network television though, that's why they are terrible. They learned the ropes at the broadcast networks. And two, Matt Groening never wrote a single episode of The Simpsons. All he ever did was draw the characters during the Tracy Ullman era. He never was the one behind the show. It was Sam Simon and James L. Brooks.