[Official] Matt Groening x Netflix: "Disenchantment". New Adult Animated Comedy

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
I really like the three main characters but the eps are really hit and miss. I stopped half way through ep 6 and skipped to the next one.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
This is false. Netflix has a ton of executives who have over a decade in the business. Most of them are from network television though, that's why they are terrible. They learned the ropes at the broadcast networks. And two, Matt Groening never wrote a single episode of The Simpsons. All he ever did was draw the characters during the Tracy Ullman era. He never was the one behind the show. It was Sam Simon and James L. Brooks.
plus the writer's room was legendary. that David X. Cohen dude must have been the brains behind Futurama.

mr x

Superstar
Daps
This is jokes. Matt got another one.

"Check my rap sheet hitta, 3 classics."

OVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
I wasn't a fan of the voice acting and I like whatshername from Broad City but she doesn't have enough range to be a voice actor and was a bad fit for the character. The ending kept me invested enough to continue whenever the show comes back.

Mike_Pipeson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
HTX
I couldn't even do 15 mins of the first episode. Do the jokes get any better or even the voice acting improve?:lupe:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
It's clear the show is a slow burn because the last 3 episodes of season 1 were really strong and the ending was intriguing. I expect season 2 to be a big improvement.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
this show sucks balls, but i can't not watch it. season 2 has to be better than season 1.

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
Two episodes in to the new season and the problem is it just isn't that funny. There's always a couple jokes here and there that make me smirk or go "heh" but it's just not laugh out loud funny like classic Simpsons and Futurama. The story itself is fine, the animation is great and I like Bean as a main character, but it just needs to be funnier. Sometimes a joke will land but then they try to keep pushing the joke further and ruin it.

I have a problem with Luci too. He should be more insane and weird, a Homer/Bender/Zoidberg type, but he ends up coming off kind of mild. If you're going to get Eric Andre to do the voice of a demon, make the character CRAZY.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i just don't understand why this show sucks so bad. They have everything going for them and just can't do anything right. it still feels like a neutered, cheap unfinished Futurama with terrible voice acting. ... and my dumb ass will probably trudge through season 2 b/c i feel obligated