Official Lovecraft Country Thread

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
^^ it has been alluded to Uncle George being Tic's real father.

When George was suffering from the gunshot wound in bed he told Montrose,
" you know he may not be yours" or something to that affect.
Oh ok... makes sense.

but wouldn’t that still make them both part of the same bloodline if they are brothers?

Why was Montrose even kidnapped then?

Caca-faat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876
ep 1: 9.5/10
ep 2: 3/10
ep 3: 8.5/10
ep 4: 7/10

So far so good, still have a bit of ptsd from ep. 2 but I think they have it figured out. Really impressed with the effects on this episode. Took me back to my childhood watching Goonies.

:patrice: I'm gonna need a bit better long term vision from this show. Right now i'm getting to the point where i'm not sure why this is a 10 episode series as opposed to 10 individual stories. The overarching theme isn't grabbing me anymore and I think they need to re-establish some gravity to it.

In the book all the stories tie together with the main link to Tic and the Braithwhaites. But each chapter is about a different one of the main characters. This episode is COMPLETELY different from the books version of this episode.

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Oh ok... makes sense.

but wouldn’t that still make them both part of the same bloodline if they are brothers?

Why was Montrose even kidnapped then?
The kidnapping is a crazy plot hole right now, and him never mentioning it is even crazier. How have him and his "son" never talked about it once.
What other rituals did you witness?
What were you doing out there in the first place?
What were you doing while kidnapped?
Who caught you?

The house exploded and nothing. No investigation over the deaths of "the most powerful white people around"? Dead sheriffs and cops all over the place. I'm not even trying to be funny by asking but are we just supposed to move on? I'm not sure what i'm watching anymore although I generally enjoy it.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Soooo... it’s not on his father side then?

So wtf did they want with his dad and why was he kidnapped in the first episode.
To lure Tic back from Florida.

I don’t t think they expected him to be bring the other two

That was one of my main criticism of the first two eps. We didn’t care about the father enough to make the loss of his uncle worth it or at least hurtful.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
The kidnapping is a crazy plot hole right now, and him never mentioning it is even crazier. How have him and his "son" never talked about it once.
Who caught you?

The house exploded and nothing. No investigation over the deaths of "the most powerful white people around"? Dead sheriffs and cops all over the place. I'm not even trying to be funny by asking but are we just supposed to move on? I'm not sure what i'm watching anymore although I generally enjoy it.
Why would a secret society want to bring attention to itself even in an ccisental explosion that had happened previously?

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Who caught you?

I mean if their are otger reveals down the line then cool

but they losing us in the story by trying to make each episode completely different then the last while randomly filling in bare minimum plotholes from earlier episodes and creating whole new ones...

And the music is TRASH. Probably the reason I disliked this episode more than anything.

I feel like the show is overreaching to be multiple things when if they just stuck to the same format as the first episode it would be fine.

Like that second episode was HORRIBLE.. one of the biggest falloffs ive ever seen. They must’ve noticed this.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
To lure Tic back from Florida.

I don’t t think they expected him to be bring the other two

That was one of my main criticism of the first two eps. We didn’t care about the father enough to make the loss of his uncle worth it or at least hurtful.
But for what? He was already there with his dad... did they ever meet him before or something? Was he there before? And now they’re (creepy white dude/chick) are back in Tics city too... so what was the point of luring him to Florida if you could just go to where Tic is at?

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Who caught you?

they talked about it in the second episode when they found him.

He wrote the letter under threat from the white girl’s father. He didn’t think he’d come since they hate each other and that would be the end of it.

He dug the whole out to the grave to escape.

Caca-faat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876
When?

and if thats the case, why was it drowning as well when the water randomly started flooding everything?

And what was up with the scream at the end?

Titus turned her voice into that of a siren that if she were to ever escape she couldn't tell the secrets of the book of names or use the language of Adam. Presumably shes not meant to live if she were to escape, so it makes sense for her to almost drown too.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
But for what? He was already there with his dad... did they ever meet him before or something? Was he there before? And now they’re (creepy white dude/chick) are back in Tics city too... so what was the point of luring him to Florida if you could just go to where Tic is at?
Tic was overseas in Korea. He only recently got discharged. That’s why he was in Florida.

They needed Tic’s blood/life. If he wasn’t going to do it willingly they would have his father as a threat like they did.

Caca-faat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876
I liked the first episode

but this shyt feels more like an anthology with the same few people... every week is a different show in which they try to tie into an overall plot but it’s not working for me... atleast in this episode. especially when the details and explanations are missing or briefly touched upon...

Like how could Tic be the only one that understood the tranny? Or how did Montrose know the moonlight would open the door... what eluded to that
?

And then every conversation during the “adventure” seemed to be an argument. Like that shyt seemed more miserable than fun or entertaining

Tic understanding is because he's a descendant of Titus by blood so I guess he understands the language of Adam.

Montrose read the bylaw book; but I agree that isnt explained well. Especially when he didn't take into account the full moon and the tide rising.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Montrose read the bylaw book; but I agree that isnt explained well. Especially when he didn't take into account the full moon and the tide rising.

The whole setup for the trap was dumb. Like if he didn’t want the stuff taken out why would he build a way to it that even he’d have to cross with difficulty.

The point of the traps in the Last Crusade was to weed out people not worthy of the chalice.

The Doctor who owned the house just cut a path with the elevator right to the front door of the room.

It felt more like National Treasure where the point was to decipher the clues to get it. Which is the exact opposite point of why he hid it.

Last edited: