Official Lovecraft Country Thread

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I think they could eventually starve their audience if they keep all 3 elements prominent. Gonna have to cut back on one to feed the crowd enough of what they want. I like the Jim Crow America overarching setting and how they are educated black people and figure out everything through what they've read and working together. I like the fight against the occult and that narrative. I also like the adventure. The horror doesn't hit home with me and a lot of the effects worked better in his dream scenarios but that first episode seems like a completely different show. And the beginning of every episode feels like they just reset at a house after just going on the adventure of a lifetime. How is that gonna work when so many people binge watch? You're gonna go from escaping for your life, then a minute later everybody chilling like nothing happened. It's even jarring after a whole week off.
I liked the first episode

but this shyt feels more like an anthology with the same few people... every week is a different show in which they try to tie into an overall plot but it’s not working for me... atleast in this episode. especially when the details and explanations are missing or briefly touched upon...

Like how could Tic be the only one that understood the tranny? Or how did Montrose know the moonlight would open the door... what eluded to that?

And then every conversation during the “adventure” seemed to be an argument. Like that shyt seemed more miserable than fun or entertaining

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I liked the first episode

but this shyt feels more like an anthology with the same few people... every week is a different show in which they try to tie into an overall plot but it’s not working for me... atleast in this episode. especially when the details and explanations are missing or briefly touched upon...

Like how could Tic be the only one that understood the tranny? Or how did Montrose know the moonlight would open the door... what eluded to that?
Tic’s bloodline gave him the ability to understand her. Same way he didn’t lose his memory in the second ep.

Montrose knew all the symbols and traps cause he read the book before he burned it.

NeoSeeker

GOAT human
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I wonder if next episode will have the part where

Ruby becomes a White woman after sleeping with dude

That was one of the most OMGWTF parts of the novel.