Official Lovecraft Country Thread

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Tic, Leti, and Montrose being able to balance and move like that on that small plank :skip:

Montrose telling Letti ducktales to get her out there :lolbron:

Montrose: This knot was passed down by our grand ancestors who were slaves.

Tic: The Freemans weren't slaves :stopitslime:

Montrose: She's out there, isn't she :umad:

The underwater escape sequence towards the end with Leti coming through in the clutch once again was the best part of the adventuring :ehh:

Christina driving kinda reckless :picard:

Curious what turn ep 5 will take, since that is the one reviewers seemed to be really high on :lupe:

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
A couple more things...

So Montrose is gay? Tree being alluding to it in the museum and also the intro had a voiceover of what I suspect is his father admonishing him in the past for having a flower in his hair?
I guess Leti was just being sarcastic when she told Tree that he fukked her in high school?
I suspect we’ll find out soon enough what that moaning/groaning noise was in the closet of pig’s office.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
How if we are being honest? Episodes two and three have higher viewership than episode one, and episode three just aired, which means that it is way too early for you to even be bringing up impact. I have no idea why so many of you on here need others to validate your opinions. If you do not like it, then you do not like it; however, trying to speak as some voice for everyone else, especially when your point is disprovable, is beyond annoying now. A group of you did the same shyt with P-Valley.

Bruh all I said is that I can see black ppl giving up on the show. :hubie:

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Don’t know if it’s been mentioned or not, but anyone else under the impression that white chick and the white boy that smashed Leti’s sister are the same person?

And I agree...the music choicest have been terrible. As much as I love Brother Gil, even “Whitey On the Moon” distracted from what was going on in the scene.

I think they heavily hinted at it in this episode. They're never in the same place together, and she gave a weird response whenever Atticus asked her if that was her boyfriend when they first met.

Last edited:

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
I think they heavily hinted at it in this episode. They're never in the same place together, and she gave a weird response whenever Atticus asked her if that was her boyfriend when they first met.
:ohhh:He was in the building collapse, but he shows up later...

There was only a dude in the book. I think you're right!

Bruce LeRoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
The score has been horrible since the 1st episode. Way too over the top and loud, whenever theirs an action scene the music sounds like it belongs in some 90's Michael Dudikoff or Dolph Lundgren B movie:mjlol:

IThe pop music doesn't work either. I get that they are trying to present something "hip" for young audiences but there's a better way to mix new and old shyt. None of the music matches the tone of the show tho, that's the main problem.

Last edited:
Daps
Bruh all I said is that I can see black ppl giving up on the show. :hubie:

Y’all stay screaming about how “Black people are not a monolith” in one thread, but then try to arbitrate what Black people do or do not do in another thread. It is beyond annoying. It is one of the most popular shows amongst Black television viewers since it has premiered according to Nielsen, so what about it is deterring Black People? Why can you guys just not say that you are not into something in place of generalizing Black people and exalting your voice to the arbitrator?

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I get what y'all saying about each episode being a different sub-genre and it's true... but I don't think you can switch it up every week and maintain character and story motivations and continuity. Like.. already you got Leti in one episode kinda having PTSD about everything that's going on but then later she will be doing kinda like slapstick comedy... which I can see the character fitting into different vibes but the change of pace with how it plays out is jarring..

That's my best way to describe it.. I like 3 out of 4 of the individual episodes but it's been too jarring for me to say I love the show.. obviously sticking with it, I like the characters and a lot of what they've explored.