Official Lovecraft Country Thread

Lord-Yosh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York
Think some folks are just tripped up by the constant setting changes and pacing speeds. I'm actually having fun with it, but can see why others wouldn't vibe with it. The editing could be a bit better.
Fair enough, I agree with you. I'm a fan of it and how each episode is an adventure that ties into the main plot.

CROM

Pray. I will not listen, but I will laugh at you
Daps
Reppin
Valhalla
Don’t know if it’s been mentioned or not, but anyone else under the impression that white chick and the white boy that smashed Leti’s sister are the same person?

And I agree...the music choicest have been terrible. As much as I love Brother Gil, even “Whitey On the Moon” distracted from what was going on in the scene.

Maxine Shaw

#ColiFam gave more $ 2 my students than my school
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, N.Y.
Leti's sister Ruby is my new girl crush.

be99c73d7265d12f1b2568bb3d02e1674d175738.gif

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
ep 1: 9.5/10
ep 2: 3/10
ep 3: 8.5/10
ep 4: 7/10

So far so good, still have a bit of ptsd from ep. 2 but I think they have it figured out. Really impressed with the effects on this episode. Took me back to my childhood watching Goonies.

:patrice: I'm gonna need a bit better long term vision from this show. Right now i'm getting to the point where i'm not sure why this is a 10 episode series as opposed to 10 individual stories. The overarching theme isn't grabbing me anymore and I think they need to re-establish some gravity to it.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
I'm gonna stick it out cause overall I've really enjoyed the show. But this episode really felt like some Nickelodeon are you afraid of the dark shyt. Everything feels so on the nose. There's no subtlety in the storytelling whatsoever. It still has some good moments but at times it can feel downright corny. Like a straight up kids show. This is the first episode that wasn't able to keep my full attention. Had to keep rewinding. But I'm still gonna finish up the season. Hopefully there's something much deeper beneath the surface.

I agree. And for that reason I don’t think this show will catch fire with black people. A lot of folks liked episode 1 but none of the last 3 episodes have had the same impact if we’re being honest

Daps
I agree. And for that reason I don’t think this show will catch fire with black people. A lot of folks liked episode 1 but none of the last 3 episodes have had the same impact if we’re being honest

How if we are being honest? Episodes two and three have higher viewership than episode one, and episode three just aired, which means that it is way too early for you to even be bringing up impact. I have no idea why so many of you on here need others to validate your opinions. If you do not like it, then you do not like it; however, trying to speak as some voice for everyone else, especially when your point is disprovable, is beyond annoying now. A group of you did the same shyt with P-Valley.

Last edited:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
I'm gonna stick it out cause overall I've really enjoyed the show. But this episode really felt like some Nickelodeon are you afraid of the dark shyt. Everything feels so on the nose. There's no subtlety in the storytelling whatsoever. It still has some good moments but at times it can feel downright corny. Like a straight up kids show. This is the first episode that wasn't able to keep my full attention. Had to keep rewinding. But I'm still gonna finish up the season. Hopefully there's something much deeper beneath the surface.
The scooby doo music they keep inserting at the “funny” parts doesn’t help.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
I sat and watched all four episodes today. This show is crazy :wow:

Why did Montrose kill the corpse lady :lupe:
Probably to keep the secrets of the lodge hidden as a means of keeping Tic safe...it makes sense considering the burning of the book earlier in the episode and what he told Tic as well.