Official Lovecraft Country Thread

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
:patrice: I aint read the book but I thought Lovecraft was about hidden Elder Gods and shyt
although at the end, the elevator looked like it went down to another dimension
This duppy shyt is mid.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
So we just gonna ignore how ain’t shyt Letti is?

She got that “inheritance” and didn’t even consider sharing it with her siblings who had been helping her out for years. :scust:

She was giving off aint shyt vibes from her debut.

Glad her sister called her out on that shyt.

I dont know if it's intentional or not (probably is) but Leti be living real passable if you know what I mean.
Like she don't realize things easier for her cause she lightskin. She think her dark sister can just run up in the department store and get a gig.
She moving up there next to white folk like everything gon be sweet.
Like she forget she black too and can't just move like that in any area.but it could also be her aggressive, independent, take no shyt character too

Daps

I dont know if it's intentional or not (probably is) but Leti be living real passable if you know what I mean.
Like she don't realize things easier for her cause she lightskin. She think her dark sister can just run up in the department store and get a gig.

Like she forget she black too and can't just move like that in any area.but it could also be her aggressive, independent, take no shyt character too

What makes you think she thinks that? I got the exact opposite impression. In the first episode, her sister tells her that she’s been trying to get a department store gig for years, and Letti acts like she’ll be able to get one easy. That suggested to me that she was fully aware of her fair skin privilege. And she offered to use the proceeds from that job to get a better place for BOTH of them, so I wouldn’t have expected her to cut her siblings out of the inheritance like that. She did bum off her siblings, but that seemed to be for her activism efforts (she talks about bailing someone out of jail with one of the gifts). So her activist mentality is also why I didn’t bat an eye at her wanting to own that house in that white neighborhood.

With that said, ya, you gotta side eye anyone who misses their mother’s funeral even after being given money specifically to facilitate their attendance:francis:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I think Leti is just trying to find her footing and she's a fukk up. Her sister even told her that much. She's had it rough but she also turns bad situations into worse situations for herself with her friends and family..

Like, she ain't even know what she want out of this friendship/relationship/now fukk buddy situation.. she's just inexperienced and naive but she does have a good heart and she is trying to improve herself and life for those around her. We'll see her grow as the season goes on IMO

:mjcry:

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Uhmm... Are you even watching the flick... your entire take is ass backwards

Kixx

Pro
Daps
Saw episode 1 and thought it was real dope.

Based on what I’ve read in here. Episode 2 is trash and episode three is good. Kinda hesitant to put on the next episode but know I gotta do it.

Grizzly

Home Run Hitter
Daps
Reppin
Bigupyuself
Episode 3 put the show back on track. I'm honestly really not a big fan of CGI in horror unless it's Space Horror or Cosmic Horror. Growing up watching shyt like Thirteen Ghosts made me hate it and recent movies like Cult Of Chucky made me re-hate it. For this, it works though. What I loved about this episode was the emphasis on the power of African traditional religion. After the priestess got involved, the tides started turning in their favor. I've always felt like if more Black people started pulling back from the church and started learning these systems, then it would produce a similar effect.