Official Lovecraft Country Thread

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Ah, because of Labor Day. Figures.

Looks like I got two eps to watch now....great!

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
She was giving off aint shyt vibes from her debut.

Glad her sister called her out on that shyt.

I dont know if it's intentional or not (probably is) but Leti be living real passable if you know what I mean.
Like she don't realize things easier for her cause she lightskin. She think her dark sister can just run up in the department store and get a gig.
She moving up there next to white folk like everything gon be sweet.
Like she forget she black too and can't just move like that in any area.but it could also be her aggressive, independent, take no shyt character too

I think I get what you're trying to say, but its off. "Passing" would mean Leti would be able to move in white circles with no repercussions----->Leti/Jurnee in no situation imaginable would be mistaken as a white woman, especially not in 1955 America, but not even today...

Now is she a little aloof? Sure, and I think she's selfish and the combination of the two have alienated her from her siblings. But I think her motives are pure and that'll bear itself out over the season, she just has some growing to do...

I know the coli stance on white women but damn Abbey Lee is so fire to me :wow: I been crushing since the neon demon

Abbey Lee for sure is a gorgeous white woman...

I've always felt like if more Black people started pulling back from the church and started learning these systems, then it would produce a similar effect.

This is another discussion I'd love to have some other time. Christianity isn't for black people. Do I think black folk can benefit from it, do I get why so many black folk follow Christian ideology? I do on both counts, but it isn’t for us, by us, and thats unpopular opinion in our community but I just told my pops this the other day...

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Watching episode 4 now.
It looks like Emmitt Till is a regular/recurring character. I like that the show is keeping his name alive, but I hope they don't eventually exploit or dishonor his legacy for the sake of storytelling.
Good episode!
:leon:

Last edited: