Official Lovecraft Country Thread

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Watching episode 4 now.
It looks like Emmitt Till is a regular/recurring character. I like that the show is keeping his name alive, but I hope they don't eventually exploit or dishonor his legacy for the sake of storytelling.
Good episode!
:leon:

the character isn't Emmett Till

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, somebody pointed it out last week.

I saw that but I thought last episode would be the last time we saw him. When he popped up in episode 4 I assumed that wasn't the case. I don't know where they're going with him

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
I saw that but I thought last episode would be the last time we saw him. When he popped up in episode 4 I assumed that wasn't the case. I don't know where they're going with him
I guess they're showing his last days; just being a regular kid in Chicago before he goes to Mississippi.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
I'm gonna stick it out cause overall I've really enjoyed the show. But this episode really felt like some Nickelodeon are you afraid of the dark shyt. Everything feels so on the nose. There's no subtlety in the storytelling whatsoever. It still has some good moments but at times it can feel downright corny. Like a straight up kids show. This is the first episode that wasn't able to keep my full attention. Had to keep rewinding. But I'm still gonna finish up the season. Hopefully there's something much deeper beneath the surface.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Episode 4 was definitely on some Goonies and/or Indiana Jones type shyt, it was entertaining and kept me engaged throughout. Only issue is I'm kinda losing what the main story is.. I like all the characters and I like how they show racism and the history of how we got to this point, when the show is grounded in the 50's I love it, I love the callbacks to adventure stories of the past but I'm getting lost on the overarching story with the white bytch and the police etc.... :jbhmm:

Is it some Skull & Bones type shyt? Somebody explain it better because I watched while I was sleepy and surely missed some stuff