Official Lovecraft Country Thread

Daps
I’ve already explained what I meant after that. I’m not talking about the memory wipe. I’m talking about their overall personalities in both episodes.

they got their memory wiped, but the uncle still had the sense to be cautious because they were being watched. But at times they don’t seem to think things through at all. And then they’ll switch back to being cautious.

like one second everyone is scared and sneaky. The next second they’re prancing around in a creepy Masonic cac dungeon ordering people around.

Their memory is wiped of the monsters, not everything else or anything else. He is cautious because it is a white person’s house in the 1950s, and that is after their conversation at breakfast. No, there are not huge shifts in behavior outside of the memory wiping. At least come up with legitimate criticisms when you critique things.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Is this traditional horror or horror-adjacent?

I been waiting on a good night to watch, but I finally watched the first half of the first ep before bed and it looked like something I won't lose anything from by watching in daylight, more sci-fi.

Y'all brehs scared yet?

You a grown man outchea still getting scared over fiction? :dame:

Daps
Rewatching the second episode, and I’m sure they’re purposely and conspicuously bucking the horror tropes on some “black people would never do that” shyt. In the first episode they had Letti run through the woods and not trip on some dumb shyt, then this episode Tick suggest splitting up to search for his pops, and Letti immediately shuts that down. :mjlol:

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
I’m still rocking with this. I think episode 2 was showing how whites always want we possess but they can’t handle the burden it comes with, which is why the mansion keeps burning down whenever they try to zap that energy from us :wow:

A metaphor for melanin :wow:

Open up that third eye, my brothers :whoo:

Edit: in the beginning of the episode when the Braithwaite son says “everyone died in the fire...almost everyone”, he was referring to the slave woman who survived and is the reason Atticus is an heir. Just catching some stuff on the rewatch.

Last edited:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
EgOxo0-WAAIOzSJ
EgKHdAHUMAAxYhr

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps

I’m glad you posted this.

Just finished episode 2 and came here because I’m solidly in the, “wait, what the fukk am I watching???” stage.

It’s good, and I want to keep watching, I’m just completely lost right now.

Cant wait for the “ah ha!” “Holy shyt!!” moments

• Dap
Reactions: hex

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
I was planning on letting it queue up and watching at the end of the season but :manny:

Just finished episode one and saw them shooting back......

I'm in :mjgrin:

Me and my wife was real
ElementaryVigorousEnglishsetter-max-1mb.gif
up until the diner scene... but after seeing that, we in for the ride now :myman:

shyt look weird and crazy af, like a black stranger thing + Indiana Jones + racial shyt + matrix + sci-fi mashup :whew:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I watched episode 2 like :dahell: the entire time. But after episode 1 I was pretty sure the point of episode 2 was to have me like :dahell:. This is a very dangerous game they're playing because episode 2 opened up a Pandora's Box of fukkery that they'll have to explain/tie together. If they can, I'll be very impressed.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
I hope what the one breh said ITT isn't true about less emphasis on in depth character analysis...after a certain point, the fukkery has to have a point and a good one at that, because if not, then your just putting wild shyt on screen to keep people's attention rather than telling a good story.

but also, sci-fi/fantasy haven't been my favorite genres either so that plays a part in my apprehension :francis:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I hope what the one breh said ITT isn't true about less emphasis on in depth character analysis...after a certain point, the fukkery has to have a point and a good one at that, because if not, then your just putting wild shyt on screen to keep people's attention rather than telling a good story.

but also, sci-fi/fantasy haven't been my favorite genres either so that plays a part in my apprehension :francis:
I think we have been given enough, just in the first episode, to form a good judgement of the main characters thus far. Sci-fi and fantasy have a tougher road when it comes to building characters versus more traditional dramas, because they also have to build their world and lore at the same time. The Expanse might be the best sci-fi show out right now yet I don't think character building is anywhere near it's strongest point