Official Lovecraft Country Thread

Daps
I watched episode 2 like :dahell: the entire time. But after episode 1 I was pretty sure the point of episode 2 was to have me like :dahell:. This is a very dangerous game they're playing because episode 2 opened up a Pandora's Box of fukkery that they'll have to explain/tie together. If they can, I'll be very impressed.
That’s exactly how I felt... that they purposely meant for us to be wondering wtf just happened.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Somebody on facebook said the dip in quality of episode 1 to episode 2 is like the Black Panther/Killmonger tribal challenge to the CGI mines fight. :francis:

Not that its bad..just got kinda goofy.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
a bar owner is getting topped off in an alley by a crackhead but it doesn't have anything to do with the main plot

main characters pretty defiant in the face of jim crow, unrealistically so

Denmark Vesey
Gabriel Prosser
Nat Turner
Harriet Tubman

And they were being rebellious in the 18th and 19th centuries. In the thick of slavery. And I’m just naming the more notable ones. It was a lot more. Then you got all the civil rights leaders from the early and mid 20th century. I’m not gonna list all of them, we already know their names. Our people fought back the entire time knowing it meant death. You’re going to always have people who want to survive and be safe....I’m not gonna sh*t on them for it because that’s human but there were tons of people back then who were fighting.