Official Lovecraft Country Thread

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Oh lord, I hope we’re not in for a season of people bytching every episode because the story/show isn’t doing what they want it to do when they want it to do it. I’ll have to peace out on this thread if it goes that route. :snoop:
Once people catch up and realize its more of an anthology it'll go away

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Lots of telling instead of showing, no kind of build up of tension, pacing way too fast, explaining things that should be more fleshed out, cheap deaths, contemporary music overload/inappropriate use of music...they're going to fukk up the potential they have for this show with shytty writing. Seems like a never ending theme with HBO right now. Can someone explain to me why the fukk they're playing Whitey's on the Moon during the most important scene of the series so far? Got damn man whoever was in charge of music and sound for this show really fukked things up with just how mismatch scenes are with musical choices. The music drowns out a lot of the tension and emotion.

Like @Malcolm SeXXX said, the fast pacing is from the book. These are really just a sequence of adventures. Like I said earlier, these 2 eps with all of the craziness is still only about page 50 in the book. The pacing is working so much better in the show...and it's not a tension-filled project. If you're expecting in-depth dramatized character analysis, you're gonna be in for a disappointment. It's a dark comedy, and they're playing up the comedic/satirical aspects heavily.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
*I haven’t read the book*
My question is, Did they actually escape?

So you want to get spoiled (also spoiling for the rest of us) and not blindly going into the next shows to get the most impact from a first time viewing experience just to be like
:francis::ld: “Welp I knew that was gonna happen cuz thecoli told me”

???????

Come on brother show some restraint

Only thing I hope does NOT happen is the “White woman is the friend of the Negro” trope. That shyt INFURIATES me that they always try to portray white women as less savage and racist than white men. I hope they’re trying to pull an okie doke with that bullshyt.

I think you need to brace yourself then my good fellow:ld:

Corey Matthews

All Star
Daps
So you want to get spoiled (also spoiling for the rest of us) and not blindly going into the next shows to get the most impact from a first time viewing experience just to be like

???????

bro, I didn’t expect an answer. I was just putting it out there to see if anyone thinks the same. Sorry my English Major came out. Geez :wow:

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
Only thing I hope does NOT happen is the “White woman is the friend of the Negro” trope. That shyt INFURIATES me that they always try to portray white women as less savage and racist than white men. I hope they’re trying to pull an okie doke with that bullshyt.
The "angry daughter getting revenge on the patriarchal father" seems to be the setup. The character was a dude in the book. We'll see what happens.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
The "angry daughter getting revenge on the patriarchal father" seems to be the setup. The character was a dude in the book. We'll see what happens.

Sure but when it comes to race, white people, INCLUDING white women are always on code. A white bytch in the 50’s isn’t going to look at Atticus as a “Man”. She’s going to look at him as a ******. All this “Because your a man you can be in the order” talk just rubs me the wrong way and implies that white women in some way have it “worse” than black men, when we all know that is complete and utter bullshyt

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

???????

:scust:

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
Sure but when it comes to race, white people, INCLUDING white women are always on code. A white bytch in the 50’s isn’t going to look at Atticus as a “Man”. She’s going to look at him as a ******. All this “Because your a man you can be in the order” talk just rubs me the wrong way and implies that white women in some way have it “worse” than black men, when we all know that is complete and utter bullshyt
As some familiar with the source material...keep watching. Don't jump to conclusions.:jawalrus:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

The white bytch with the dogs was racist af :dahell: