Official Lovecraft Country Thread

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
the pacing of this show is odd but i appreciate it. most shows would have you stuck in that situation for a long time. this show does big things at breakneck speed

episode must have cost too much cuz uh... that CG snake didnt look right :dame:

i hope he comes back in flashbacks or dream sequences
that pawg had potential

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I'm gonna patiently sit back and wait for the full story to unfold but there was some pacing issues I had with this episode. That had to be his ancestor that helped him escape. She was preggo and looked very young....we can assume how that happened. Hate to see George die. He was the rock but I'm sure they have more in store for us. I'm excited.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
the plot moves fast as fukk

how is this nikka at his pops crib and attacked by monsters by episode 1 :hhh:

In the book, we're about 50 pages in. Imagine hope I felt reading that.

If it follows the book closely (so far about 80%), I can see a lot of people turning off of it. The breakneck pace does work better for TV.

One problem I do have is that they really are glancing over the relationships. We notice that the George & Atticus are close, but weren't really shown how close, so shooting really isn't as impactful as it could've been. Montrose seems to be hardened just from his 2 mins on screen, but why would that travel that far for him if he's like that to him? And Atticus & Letti have had nothing blossom, at least not from Atticus' side.

I AM WE ARE

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The N.O
It took 4 refresh just to leave a fn comment on here :birdman:

But I can't even make my usual :noah: comments about letti because she looks exactly like my baby sister. Im talking dead Ringer. So much in fact she's been asked if she's done work with her on the show

Daps
Oh lord, I hope we’re not in for a season of people bytching every episode because the story/show isn’t doing what they want it to do when they want it to do it. I’ll have to peace out on this thread if it goes that route. :snoop:

Show is dope, there’s nothing like it on television, and I’m enjoying the ride thus far. :krs:

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I liked this episode but my only gripe is that they explained nothing about what was going on
monsters was a big deal last episode and they at least kept a sensible perspective about it.

Now we have magic, a cult, demon doors, monsters and gateways to the afterlife
all the characters regard the happenings in this episode with less shock and confusion then we as a viewer would suspect given that this should be the first time they've dealt with it

I get that the magic was effecting them to but its still a gripe on my end

Sad to see Uncle George tap out
If I could switch the dad with him I would

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
Episode was some Reggie and that snake cgi was laughably bad

some of the CGI I've seen being used lately has been :scust: it's even worse with shootouts. Got a whole bottle of cranberry juice spraying outta folks heads....bullet wounds looking like worms:hhh: and they think they can use dark rooms to cover up for that shytty CGI like we can't notice.

I get practical effects for certain things aren't practical, but they're just CGI'n everything now because it's cheaper :francis:

anyway I gotta watch this ep again cause last night I was tired and this ain't the ep to be have asleep for :russ: first impression to the ep was :ld:tho

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Lots of telling instead of showing, no kind of build up of tension, pacing way too fast, explaining things that should be more fleshed out, cheap deaths, contemporary music overload/inappropriate use of music...they're going to fukk up the potential they have for this show with shytty writing. Seems like a never ending theme with HBO right now. Can someone explain to me why the fukk they're playing Whitey's on the Moon during the most important scene of the series so far? Got damn man whoever was in charge of music and sound for this show really fukked things up with just how mismatch scenes are with musical choices. The music drowns out a lot of the tension and emotion.

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
Lots of telling instead of showing, no kind of build up of tension, pacing way too fast, explaining things that should be more fleshed out, cheap deaths, contemporary music overload/inappropriate use of music...they're going to fukk up the potential they have for this show with shytty writing. Seems like a never ending theme with HBO right now. Can someone explain to me why the fukk they're playing Whitey's on the Moon during the most important scene of the series so far? Got damn man whoever was in charge of music and sound for this show really fukked things up with just how mismatch scenes are with musical choices. The music drowns out a lot of the tension and emotion.
The fast pacing is from the book. Each chapter is a new adventure.

I think whitey on the moon is supposed to symbolize the white folks dabbling in occult wizardry while black folks are suffering. Would you rather the usual Hans Zimmer shyt? Maybe a contemporary jazz number would have hit different, because the show tries so hard to keep everytning else period, but I didn't hate it.