Official Lovecraft Country Thread

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I think he likes to experiment at certain locations, just to see how far he can go. It's implied that he's cautious, but he doesn't play it safe 100% of the time.

See THATS some 90’s-00’s thinking. Black people in the 50’s weren’t “experimenting” with their lives in that manner.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
double toasted said the same thing. supposedly thats how the books are. They still loved it though so im here for it.

I mean it makes sense and fits the Lovecraft theme because a lot of his stories are loosely tied together which is where the term "Cthulhu Mythos" comes from. The idea of a shared universe was damn near unheard of in the 1920's and 30's. Then other authors took his characters and places and ideas and expanded on the universe after he died.

Fred.

Kliq_Souf

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
WOL
I tried to listen to a good podcast breaking down the first episode, and all I found was a joint with two white girls “Lovecraft Country Chronicle” and they were super annoying and glossed over the racial stuff.
I need a brehs perspective or at least someone knowledgeable
:hhh:

Last edited:

Tical

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I tried to listen to a good podcast breaking down the first episode, and all I found was a joint with two white girls “Lovecraft Country Chronicle” and they were super annoying and glossed over the racial stuff.
I need a brehs perspective or at least someone knowledgeable
:hhh:

“Lovecraft Country Radio” is the official podcast. The hosts are a critic and one of the writers of the show. Both black women.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This shyt potential heat? :lupe: I would love to not be binging the whole show in 4 or 5 yrs :russ:

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I know who you are talking about
It was spolier free, but she was saying it turns into more of a "anthology" style series for the rest of the episodes, just very different from this first episode. Jumps around focusing on different characters in a non-linear fashion.
That's more in line with the book
The book is a collection of horror story anthologies featuring these main characters at different points in time
The books main connecting thread is the main characters but the situations in each story are not linearly connected at all

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
I'm about to cop the novel so I can catch all the background details that are sure to be thrown out
Just random stuff I'm thinking about

Leti just gonna be honest jurnee Smolett is a pale as hell lightskin girl all her family in the show is dark skin. I wonder if she got white ancestry or there's a story there maybe why she missed her mom's funeral.
Atticus and Uncle George are well read
I'm positive that white girl used powers to flip the truck because her car didn't get wrecked at all
I wonder if the show is gonna throw a white savior in here somewhere but the way this first episode played out all white people gotta be viewed as a potential threat
The truck didn't even touch her car. It looked like it hit an invisible wall or force field that was short enough to let the truck flip over it.

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
whats the word on this show brehs? Its lit or nah?

GOAT level Jim Crow era folklore horror.

Granted it's only been 1 episode, but two things that will always persevere in television are great acting and great cinematography. This gets an A++ in both. I think that's why people are so confident that the quality will remain high, even if they get budget conscious with the effects.

Great pilot episode all I'm gonna watch for now. I want to binge this. :wow:

How do you have the discipline after watching that? :mindblown:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
How do you have the discipline after watching that? :mindblown:

Breh, I got so many anticipated shows in rotation between Netflix, Hulu, Viki, Prime and torrents that it makes the wait painless.

7Wu_pujFtTufMGIoHpfEcYL3oUNbTQawfJeCtnZPPd0lr7LvWY2rMvXvDDHzXDNDmrkkG0U