Official Lovecraft Country Thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It was spolier free, but she was saying it turns into more of a "anthology" style series for the rest of the episodes, just very different from this first episode. Jumps around focusing on different characters in a non-linear fashion.

Hmmm. Weird.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
It was spolier free, but she was saying it turns into more of a "anthology" style series for the rest of the episodes, just very different from this first episode. Jumps around focusing on different characters in a non-linear fashion.

Apparently thats how the book is too. It focuses on other characters before coming back to the main narrative for the finale eps.

That doesn’t bother me too much. I actually prefer that method of storytelling

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hmmm. Weird.

Fred.

Apparently thats how the book is too. It focuses on other characters before coming back to the main narrative for the finale eps.

That doesn’t bother me too much. I actually prefer that method of storytelling

Yeah, that doesn't necessarily seem bad to IMO, but the reviewer seems to imply that the quality is lower as well. But I'm not going to hang on that since I rather watch for myself. :manny:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, that doesn't necessarily seem bad to IMO, but the reviewer seems to imply that the quality is lower as well. But I'm not going to hang on that since I rather watch for myself. :manny:

Who is the reviewer breh?

5 eps been sent out like a week ago and critics got it at 97% on RT and 80% at Metacritic. So whoever that is, is in the extreme minority with their opinions.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I think the ONLY minor nitpick I have is that I felt the Uncle was a little too comfortable seating himself and ordering at that diner.

This is supposed to be a man who makes a LIVING off of his awareness of racism and how to safely navigate different towns and cities for black people’s traveling.

I just felt he was wayyyy to cavalier about the situation given how the waiter was acting

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

I can see that. The books seems to be heading in that direction as well. First night, I read about 60 pages, and was like "that's a lot of ish happening back to back." They had already been to like 5 towns.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I think the ONLY minor nitpick I have is that I felt the Uncle was a little too comfortable seating himself and ordering at that diner.

This is supposed to be a man who makes a LIVING off of his awareness of racism and how to safely navigate different towns and cities for black people’s traveling.

I just felt he was wayyyy to cavalier about the situation given how the waiter was acting

I chalked that up to his intel being incorrect. Because that was supposed to be a safe spot. When he finally realized the diner they were looking for got burned down and replaced is when Leti came from the back talking about "we gotta leave".

Fred.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

I think he likes to experiment at certain locations, just to see how far he can go. It's implied that he's cautious, but he doesn't play it safe 100% of the time.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The blonde "geek chick"

I literally have no idea who that is breh.

I don't follow none of these online critics. There's a few reaction channels I follow for entertainment but unless I personally know someone I'm not putting too much stock into their opinions on TV series, movies, music, etc. There's a few guys on here whose opinion I respect but even then I'm always gonna confide in the people I know, or just do my own thing.

EDIT:

Oh ok I seen this chick on Youtube but don't know anything about her.

Fred.