Official Lovecraft Country Thread

dontreadthis

philly.
Daps
:dwillhuh:

The first stop they made was her family. She went with them to give them a place to stay but her and dude (think it was her bro) arguing fukked that up. It's why they left early.

Fred.
yeah and it went from her recognizing dude from not having glasses and looking like a kid any more, a very brief convo with dude while the family was readying to leave, and next scene she's with them travelling.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
They talk about her being lightskin on the podcast. It’s due to her and here brother and sister having different dads. It’s also why she so ambitious about getting a job at a department store while her darker skin sister ain’t even getting sniffed at
does Craig Mazin do the podcast for this show too?

Daps
yeah and it went from her recognizing dude from not having glasses and looking like a kid any more, a very brief convo with dude while the family was readying to leave, and next scene she's with them travelling.

They say in that scene that she’s going with them to her brother’s house. When they get to her brother’s house, they fight so she doesn’t stay and continues with them to Ardham.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

It's not handled much better in the book either.

Last edited:

dontreadthis

philly.
Daps
They say in that scene that she’s going with them to her brother’s house. When they get to her brother’s house, they fight so she doesn’t stay and continues with them to Ardham.
  • she was singing on stage with her fine sister
  • asks sis who is this dude running through the fire hydrant
  • agrees to stay with big sis for two nights only
  • big sis mentions you can stay with older brother Marvin
  • and then literaly next time she is shown.....
  • she is packing the car up to go on the trip with them talking about HS science fiction clubs and the uncle saying Marvin can help them out with something

I was just wondering WHEN she asked to travel w/ them that direction, or how she even knew, that's all. lol I don't know why y'all acting like that shyt wasn't disjointed.

Daps
  • she was singing on stage with her fine sister
  • asks sis who is this dude running through the fire hydrant
  • agrees to stay with big sis for two nights only
  • big sis mentions you can stay with older brother Marvin
  • and then literaly next time she is shown.....
  • she is packing the car up to go on the trip with them talking about HS science fiction clubs and the uncle saying Marvin can help them out with something
I was just wondering WHEN she asked to travel w/ them that direction, or how she even knew, that's all. lol I don't know why y'all acting like that shyt wasn't disjointed.
I’m not acting like anything breh. Your last post said they were talking as they were readying to leave and then she just gets in the car so I was clarifying that it was announced during that scene that she was going with them.

Uncle clearly agreed to her coming off screen. It’s tight knit community and everyone was out at the party, so the whole neighborhood probably knew he was heading out on another one of his trips. It wasn’t something that I needed to see on screen. You did, and that’s fine. :yeshrug:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I didn't realize at first that Ardham (like Arkham) is supposed to be in Massachusetts. I thought they were still making their way through the Midwest.
That didn't SEEM like New England to me.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
i like the little touch they added about the "simmons dinette" not making the guide. when they were in the diner.

green-book-1956.png

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Ok?

I'm not understanding the issue. It's 2020, we've been getting prestige dramas for 20+ years at this point. The audience doesn't need to be shown everything to follow what's going on.

I’m not acting like anything breh. Your last post said they were talking as they were readying to leave and then she just gets in the car so I was clarifying that it was announced during that scene that she was going with them.

Uncle clearly agreed to her coming off screen. It’s tight knit community and everyone was out at the party, so the whole neighborhood probably knew he was heading out on another one of his trips. It wasn’t something that I needed to see on screen. You did, and that’s fine. :yeshrug:

Exactly.

Fred.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Episode was EXTREMELY good.

I have HUGE expectations for this. From the cast to the writing and direction this episode was everything i could have hoped for.

I saw a online reviewer (not posting her stuff cause i dunno:mjpls:) say that the series does a 180 by the end of episode 2 through 5.