Official Lovecraft Country Thread

GR13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Crazy they had the aunt jemima billboard up there:mjpls:

So many questions after this ep:ld:

So what the deal with Atticus's Korean paag?

lovecraft-1.gif

she was basically the red princess in John Cater of Mars.. Atticus was reading the book when he fell asleep on the bus

tumblr_locifrqMnr1qzc5kbo1_500.gifv

plus it's probably a foreshadowing telling us Atticus has a thing for red bones if you know what i mean:pachaha:

70003a9021a27156f57ae141dd1cc4599df226dc.gif

Last edited:

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
What's worse the monsters or the racism?
Imo I hated the cops and the white people in this way more than the monsters and the setting
Then you also have to think about the fact that HP Lovecraft was a racist as well and that was bleeding into his writing
The racists. The monsters are scary and ugly, but were only a threat at night. The racists were everywhere once the group left Chicago.
You guys might disagree, but the race to leave the sundown county was way more tense than the vampire fight.

Last edited:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I fukks with it. #blackexcellence
My only gripe is I hate when they play hiphop in period pieces.

It was less distracting than on something like "Godfather of Harlem", to me.

What's worse the monsters or the racism?
Imo I hated the cops and the white people in this way more than the monsters and the setting
Then you also have to think about the fact that HP Lovecraft was a racist as well and that was bleeding into his writing

At the end it sounded like someone whistled and the monsters went away. I was under the impression that maybe the Rolls Royce lady sent the monsters to SAVE them from cops.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
The racists. The monsters actually act within reason. The racist ass cops were more relentless
Even if the face of unspeakable horror, they still had to find a way to judge and marginalize the black folks. Dude was missing his shoulder and watched beats eat his men but he assumed the black folks would leave them after they came up with a plan
They would rather drag us down with em than act within reason. Hence these elections

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
Was I the only one who thought they did Leticia dirty by making her run to the car without a flashlight? Like, damn she tryna get the vehicle to help save y’all ass, y’all can’t even give her a light to help her make it? :dahell:

the cop took Atticus' flashlight otherwise he'd prolly have given it to her

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Was I the only one who thought they did Leticia dirty by making her run to the car without a flashlight? Like, damn she tryna get the vehicle to help save y’all ass, y’all can’t even give her a light to help her make it? :dahell:
She wasn't lyin bout that track and field thing though, she hauled ass :russ: