Official Lovecraft Country Thread

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
70's-90s Avenue in Oakland wasn't having you....it was the movie i helped ghostwrite that gave u street cred....

and then a $150+ million deal w/ Universal........but he just turned out to be a 1 hit wonder w/ the sh1t that i wrote....

can we compare Peele & another mulatto entertainer real quick....Star is the only dj to ever beat Howard Stern in the ratings in 20 years at K-Rock.....he had a great show on MTV....completely unknown......this Peele guy had multiple fuk ups & opportunities, his own cast members bashed him...its like the media & pr people in hollywood want him to be the guy no matter what.......and theres a lot of unpaid mothafukers that helped him get to where he is......

Weird little tangent for one of the executive producers of the show. :mjtf:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I get the shyt was flawed and it may have been out there for some people…..

But I feel like there have been countless white shows like this for years that never got this same criticism and got way more than a season.

I enjoyed just seeing black people play roles that normally have been reserved for white cast with this show

This show alone for a lot of people really put JMajors, JSmollet, and WMosaku on the map

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I get the shyt was flawed and it may have been out there for some people…..

But I feel like there have been countless white shows like this for years that never got this same criticism and got way more than a season.

I enjoyed just seeing black people play roles that normally have been reserved for white cast with this show

This show alone for a lot of people really put JMajors, JSmollet, and WMosaku on the map
If this were Starz it definitely would have no matter what the situation, but I think HBO has a weird threshold for genre fiction. Like outside of Westworld and GOT, they don’t do much. they let stuff go with one season or keep going.

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
shyt was a giant disappointment

The Korea episode still one of the best episodes of tv I’ve seen in a long time

but they have wayyy too many straight up trash episodes

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
shyt was a giant disappointment

The Korea episode still one of the best episodes of tv I’ve seen in a long time

but they have wayyy too many straight up trash episodes

Let’s say hypothetically this show wasn’t good.

Can’t they get a second season to go back to the drawing board and improve?

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
I don't get the comments about the haphazard writing. Everything came together at the end, and everything mattered to the overall story.
I hate that we're not getting Hyppolita & Diana's adventures in Season 2.
Facts…

these coli nikkas some uncultured fags

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
I liked lovecraft country but I’m ok with it not coming back because bitter root has been picked up to be adapted. LC and BR have similar premises but bitter root is a comic book written by a black man.

I am so HYPE for “Bitter Root” hopefully since it’s backed by Regina King, the white critics and “I want “The Wire”/“Power” type show nigggaz won’t destroy it.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lovecraft Country S02: Misha Green Clarifies What The Whitelands Are

EgsK.gif

Throw some Lil Baby on top and scene.