Official Lovecraft Country Thread

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Struggle show. It has very interesting themes, well acted, good set design and pieces, but the story/direction/writing is trying to do too much and missing the mark. It’s attempting to have commentary on everything from colorism, patriarchy, dark familial secrets, generational curses, white supremacy, free will, destiny, etc., and as a byproduct it comes across as meandering and all over the place. The music is also terrible for the most part. It’s constantly beating you over the head, “You’re watching a show!”
Good post, and it highlights why I’m gonna drop it.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Who's idea was it for the modern music, shyt ruins every episode
Playing Cardi B’s song “Money” while fukking a white dude in the ass with the bottom of her heel

:mindblown:

Like nikkas actually sat around a table and thought of this and everyone was like “Thats brilliant :banderas:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Who's idea was it for the modern music, shyt ruins every episode
:ehh:TRUE

:scust:BUT THEN AGAIN
I WOULDNT WANT THEM PLAYING
SAM COOKE WHILE OMAR
IS SUCKING dikk.

LET THEM PLAY
GENERATION Z DEVIANTS
WHILE THEY SHOEHORN
ALL THESE MODERN DAY
DEVIANT ACTS INTO THE SHOW.
:devil:
:evil:

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This shyt is dumb dumb :russ:

I don’t even know what the plot is at this point. I kinda feel vested now so I want to keep watching. But good lord this shyt went all the way left :mjlol:

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
Playing Cardi B’s song “Money” while fukking a white dude in the ass with the bottom of her heel

:mindblown:

Like nikkas actually sat around a table and thought of this and everyone was like “Thats brilliant :banderas:

It was Bodak Yellow. When she was jamming the heel into guy's ass they kept playing "These is red bottoms, these is bloody shoes" while there was blood on the shoes.... It's not any better, probably worse.

I started watching this show yesterday and like its pretty good.

Am I the only person that thinks Jonathan Majors could have played Mike Tyson in the bio pic?

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
It was Bodak Yellow. When she was jamming the heel into guy's ass they kept playing "These is red bottoms, these is bloody shoes" while there was blood on the shoes.... It's not any better, probably worse.

I started watching this show yesterday and like its pretty good.

Am I the only person that thinks Jonathan Majors could have played Mike Tyson in the bio pic?
Hell nah at the tyson reference but oh ok, didn’t know it was Bodak Yellow. All her shyt sounds alike to me

But still.... really :comeon:.. you know it was some woman or gay nikka that thought that scene with the music would be hot

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
Hell nah at the tyson reference but oh ok, didn’t know it was Bodak Yellow. All her shyt sounds alike to me

But still.... really :comeon:.. you know it was some woman or gay nikka that thought that scene with the music would be hot

They actually played the Money song earlier in the episode. I don't know who decided to play the song and kept repeating the lyrics but it was dumb as fukk.

One positive is that the special effects were weak in the series but when Ruby shed the skin in the alley they did their best and made the scene more powerful so that's a plus. These is bloody shoes was dumb tho.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Smollet so nice on the eyes I’m looking for the imaginary nikkax who beat up her brother and people worried about some fassyhole shyt. Fast Forward

tenor.gif

She’s what I want on my plate
That’s my takeaway from the show

There are gay people
I’m not concerned with all that
This isn’t a gay show
If there was more gay scenes than anything else then it would be too much to fast forward thru per show

I don’t get wrapped up in things that aren’t meant for me

Jurnee bad as a muhfukka and her acting and attractiveness is the main reason I'm here lol. I dont know when this sister got so fine because I was never a fan, but this chick is fine, fine...

The acting all around is good and keeps me engaged...

All this handwringing over the mook shyt is over the top, if its too much, just don't watch it...

I am so glad I didn't start watching this show.

Damn shame that black man fakkitry is an accepted thing now. :scust:

Jurnee is a stupid name and she got that pan face, but I will let y'all be mesmerized by the light skin. :sas2:

Bro don't do that light skin shyt in here lol. She's a beautiful woman and it isn't because she yella, but even if it was, it isnt a referendum on fine black women of other shades. Don't do that colorist shyt in here...

wait till people like quinta brunson & these other butch dykes in hollywood start getting their tv deals....filled w/ all kinds of stupid ideas....

I met Quinta thru a friend, ironically our mutual friend is a dyke, but Quinta like dikk. And she super talented...

Daps
Jurnee bad as a muhfukka and her acting and attractiveness is the main reason I'm here lol. I dont know when this sister got so fine because I was never a fan, but this chick is fine, fine...

The acting all around is good and keeps me engaged...

All this handwringing over the mook shyt is over the top, if its too much, just don't watch it...

Bro don't do that light skin shyt in here lol. She's a beautiful woman and it isn't because she yella, but even if it was, it isnt a referendum on fine black women of other shades. Don't do that colorist shyt in here...

I met Quinta thru a friend, ironically our mutual friend is a dyke, but Quinta like dikk. And she super talented...

that HBO sheen is a mothafukka

had me diggin bony Zendaya because I was a Fan of her acting

Smollett really balances the femininity and toughness in her role so effortlessly. Plus that old school hairstyle is flattering on her

I dig talented women :ehh: