Official Lovecraft Country Thread

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
This episode was like the Hooded Justice episode on Watchmen, then disappointment happened on steroids, but in reverse if that make sense, but neither does this episode :pachaha:

Eh nah that was kinda taken from the source material and they didn't focus on it at all. It was like one short scene and then they never discussed it. This was some shyt outta left field for no rhyme or reason other than to be like "gay sex y'all :gladbron: "

And no I'm not gonna stop watching the show, hopefully this is the end of that..

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I don't know if it was discussed in any of the links in this thread (which I haven't clicked on), but the title of this episode was "The Strange Case". I just did a little googling on that title in connection with HP Lovecraft. I came up on the page for the story "The Case of Charles Dexter Ward", which I was not familiar with:
The Case of Charles Dexter Ward - Wikipedia

I've read some of the HP Lovecraft stories before, but not that one.
Anyway, after looking through that wiki page it seem like that one story seems to be the inspiration for maybe 1/3 of everything we have seen on this show.

I'll spolier tag it, since I would be surprised if they DON'T follow some of these threads
The backstory for the "Joseph Curwin" seems to be a combination of the founder of the Sons of Adam, as well as the guy who built the house that they've all moved into now. The wiki page mentions the secret underground labyrinth and everything. It mentions that Curwin cast a spell so that he could rise from the grave and possess his descendant Charles Dexter Ward. So, I GUESS that explains the plan for the character Tic on this show, his ancestor wants to possess him so he can live again. The plot summary even mentions a group of necromancers resurrecting the dead so that they can steal their secrets, and the Police Chief on the show and his "lodge" appeared to be doing the same thing.

Daps
Reppin
St louis
another show bites the dust.
sick of these crackas using black men
as the face of this fakkit sodomite shyt.
fukk THIS SHOW.
:camby:

UKVu0t8.gif