Official Loki Thread

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
The people who know who Kang is ain’t going no where. Especially if they haven’t jumped ship after 10 years. That’s Marvel gang.

The average person doesn’t know the difference between The Spot, Taskmaster, and Kang in terms of importance. They are coming to find out.

The average person didn't know Thanos or honestly most MCU villains either until they appeared on screen. Spiderman, Fantastic Four and X-Men have all the household names. MCU made all of these characters A-list.

People got geeked off Thanos after all the nerds schooled people at the end of the original Avengers. The same effect would apply here. Word of mouth is the best hype machine.

I mean this is playing out like Immortus, just with Loki in the role.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
The average person didn't know Thanos or honestly most MCU villains either until they appeared on screen. Spiderman, Fantastic Four and X-Men have all the household names. MCU made all of these characters A-list.

People got geeked off Thanos after all the nerds schooled people at the end of the original Avengers. The same effect would apply here. Word of mouth is the best hype machine.

I mean this is playing out like Immortus, just with Loki in the role.

There’s a bunch of failed franchises that relied on this thinking. Dark Tower. Amazing Spidey.

they aren’t making a Kang series. They waited ten years to tell Thanos’ story. Marvel works from the foundation they spent time building.

Those people are here for Loki and Wanda. The reason Sam became Cap instead of giving it to US Agent immediately.

Average people are coming for the things they know to find out the things they don’t. Hype is cool and all but getting people to actually spend money is something else.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I literally shouted when the credit started rolling

:why:

shyt went off and I instantly-
giphy.gif

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
Mephisto ain't an A lister. Times change and Infinity Gauntlet was 30 years ago

Not to you, maybe. :rudy:

Siege, Fear Itself, Hell Lords, One More Day, there are any number of fairly recent storylines where he's critical to all the machinations going on. And that's on top of having a direct hand in others like creating the Johnny Blaze iteration of Ghost Rider, holding Doom's mother's soul hostage and tons of others. Like any good devil he flies under the radar.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
I don't think it's far-fetched to introduce a big bad in the TV series. He doesn't even have to fight...just show his face ala Thanos over multiple movies.

I think Marvel has learned their lesson limiting A-list villains to a single production. Introducing a villain like a Kang at the very least, who not too many laypeople are familiar with isn't much of a stretch from a storytelling perspective nor a business perspective. They want to drive subscribers and sell tickets, introducing someone like Kang is what you do.

season 2 maybe ?

Loki | Season Two | Marvel Cinematic Universe Wiki | Fandom

Vandelay

Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
There’s a bunch of failed franchises that relied on this thinking. Dark Tower. Amazing Spidey.

they aren’t making a Kang series. They waited ten years to tell Thanos’ story. Marvel works from the foundation they spent time building.

Those people are here for Loki and Wanda. The reason Sam became Cap instead of giving it to US Agent immediately.

Average people are coming for the things they know to find out the things they don’t. Hype is cool and all but getting people to actually spend money is something else.

I get your perspective, but the MCU machine is different. Thanos was built over 10 years, and I'm sure Kang have multiple appearances in productions. If Disney wasn't in the midst of launching a platform and this was relegated to Netflix, I might be inclined to believe that they wouldn't test the waters with something cross-platform.

I mean, they basically did it already with Captain America 4.

Vandelay

Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection

I hope they bounce back and forth between streaming and movies. Use Streaming to flesh the characters out and get away with smaller budgets doing character development, build the brand, world and mythos up and then based on the popularity use that to determine what and how the budget is spent for the big screen. Even offer the movie on the platform at a premium price. It's really one of the most genius entertainment business models I've ever seen.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I get your perspective, but the MCU machine is different. Thanos was built over 10 years, and I'm sure Kang have multiple appearances in productions. If Disney wasn't in the midst of launching a platform and this was relegated to Netflix, I might be inclined to believe that they wouldn't test the waters with something cross-platform.

I mean, they basically did it already with Captain America 4.
But Cap came from the movies. We aren’t getting a Scarlet Witch movie. She’s playing inside another headliner movie like she did before.

I mean look what has happened in here since the tv shows were announced. Marvel said they were giving 150 plus movie budgets so people expected movie villains.

After three smaller level threats, people are now getting the idea of what these are. So when the next set of Ms Marvel, Hawkeye, and She Hulk arrive, people won’t be expecting the Beyonder or Uatu to arrive setting up the FF.

Vandelay

Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
But Cap came from the movies. We aren’t getting a Scarlet Witch movie. She’s playing inside another headliner movie like she did before.

I mean look what has happened in here since the tv shows were announced. Marvel said they were giving 150 plus movie budgets so people expected movie villains.

After three smaller level threats, people are now getting the idea of what these are. So when the next set of Ms Marvel, Hawkeye, and She Hulk arrive, people won’t be expecting the Beyonder or Uatu to arrive setting up the FF.

I gotcha...and I'm willing to admit part of this is just the fan in me pondering on what could be based on the logistics of the situation. But Kang isn't getting a movie either. I imagine him being equivalent to a Loki. Someone who is his own villain initially but is used to drive other plots forward.

He opens so many doors; Black Knight is already cast, we know Doom is coming, and him and Doom intertwine often, hell they can even play around with the X-Men vis-a-vis Apocalypse with his introduction.

Why not bring him in now so people know what phase 4 will be about. You gotta go cosmic, multiverse, and time travel in phase 4 for everything are setting up.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
I hope they bounce back and forth between streaming and movies. Use Streaming to flesh the characters out and get away with smaller budgets doing character development, build the brand, world and mythos up and then based on the popularity use that to determine what and how the budget is spent for the big screen. Even offer the movie on the platform at a premium price. It's really one of the most genius entertainment business models I've ever seen.

hiddleston is very good in the role and a fan favourite so they probably will :ehh: .

it would be a waste of the mobius character not to bring him back.

for me hunter B15 has been amazing. her acting is 10/10 and she deserves more screen time.

it is amazing what she has done with with the smallish part so far.

not comparing actors but gugu on the other hand hasn't been that good. although her US accent has been flawless. maybe her eyes are too big and too constantly expressive to convey the full gamut of emotions. dunno.

the B15 acting in this scene

and the ep. 5 scene with renslayer was :wow:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I gotcha...and I'm willing to admit part of this is just the fan in me pondering on what could be based on the logistics of the situation. But Kang isn't getting a movie either. I imagine him being equivalent to a Loki. Someone who is his own villain initially but is used to drive other plots forward.

He opens so many doors; Black Knight is already cast, we know Doom is coming, and him and Doom intertwine often, hell they can even play around with the X-Men vis-a-vis Apocalypse with his introduction.

Why not bring him in now so people know what phase 4 will be about. You gotta go cosmic, multiverse, and time travel in phase 4 for everything are setting up.
I’m not as well versed in Marvel time and multiverse outside of X-men and FF(which is contradictory at best) so I’m not really sure what a Multiverse of Madness would mean cause Loki hasn’t done a good job explaining.

So I’m not as hyped about what Kang or Doom could do. I’m excited about Doom, Scarlet Witch, and Strange as magic wielders.

Now Flash, I have a bit of a understanding of what I will see in his movie cause multiverse shenanigans are using channeled through him.

Vandelay

Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I’m not as well versed in Marvel time and multiverse outside of X-men and FF(which is contradictory at best) so I’m not really sure what a Multiverse of Madness would mean cause Loki hasn’t done a good job explaining.

So I’m not as hyped about what Kang or Doom could do. I’m excited about Doom, Scarlet Witch, and Strange as magic wielders.

Now Flash, I have a bit of a understanding of what I will see in his movie cause multiverse shenanigans are using channeled through him.

I think the multiverse is going to be channeled through multiple characters and stories. Far From Home did it. Dr. Strange 2 is doing it, the Loki show is doing it, Wandavision kinda did it.

Sidebar...I'm not a fan of most of the casting MCU has done for anything post 2016. Hopefully the characters and stories are written well enough because this new generation isn't doing it for me. Chadwick passed and although I liked Dr. Strange, I don't see anyone who can carry the universe forward.

I think Mads Mikkelson was wasted on Kaecillius and would've made a fukking phenomenal Doom.

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
I think the multiverse is going to be channeled through multiple characters and stories. Far From Home did it. Dr. Strange 2 is doing it, the Loki show is doing it, Wandavision kinda did it.

Sidebar...I'm not a fan of most of the casting MCU has done for anything post 2016. Hopefully the characters and stories are written well enough because this new generation isn't doing it for me. Chadwick passed and although I liked Dr. Strange, I don't see anyone who can carry the universe forward.

I think Mads Mikkelson was wasted on Kaecillius and would've made a fukking phenomenal Doom.
Mads is a top tier actor and was def wasted

He was so good as Hannibal as well :wow:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA

Mads would definitely have made a good Doom.

We’ll see definitely cause the TVA has been the villains of Loki so it will be interesting what happens when a multiverse is allowed to exist unimpeded.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
not comparing actors but gugu on the other hand hasn't been that good. although her US accent has been flawless. maybe her eyes are too big and too constantly expressive to convey the full gamut of emotions. dunno.
It’s impossible for Gugu to be an evil character. She is too pretty for that.

Wunmi Mosaku (B-15) been great in everything I seen her perform.