Official Loki Thread

taker597

Superstar
Daps
I mean the TVA chick is literally Kang's girlfriend in the comics so...
But I mean LOKI would fit the theme. I mean it could be both
:yeshrug:

Maybe in the MCU Kang is Loki
I'm kinda of hoping they throw that Kang subplot into the dumpster. MCU Kang has already been casted for Ant-Man 3...

Jonathan Majors from Lovecraft Country

jonathan-majors-facts.jpg

And it seems like Loki has to destory TVA for Kang to do his thing unimpeded from Time Cops.

I wouldn't be surprised if a post credit scene from the destroyed remnant of the TVA with Renslayer thirsty for revenge against Loki decides to crawl into the deepest bowels of the city to find a imprisoned Kang and decided to release him and becoming a lieutenant.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
I'm kinda of hoping they throw that Kang subplot into the dumpster. MCU Kang has already been casted for Ant-Man 3...

Jonathan Majors from Lovecraft Country

jonathan-majors-facts.jpg

And it seems like Loki has to destory TVA for Kang to do his thing unimpeded from Time Cops.

I wouldn't be surprised if a post credit scene from the destroyed remnant of the TVA with Renslayer thirsty for revenge against Loki decides to crawl into the deepest bowels of the city to find a imprisoned Kang and decided to release him and becoming a lieutenant.
Yeah we’re getting a Kang tease most definitely

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
nikka, if this shyt aint Kang :stopitslime:
The mysterious building seen at the end of Loki Episode 5 may very well be Chronopolis, home to Kang the Conqueror in the comics. We’ve already seen Kang supporting characters Alioth the Usurper and Ravonna Renslayer, plus Qeng Tower, and this may be his signature city, so perhaps the mystery of the creation of the TVA will all lead to Kang in Episode 6. As the name implies, Chronopolis is a city, but we see just a single building--what appears to be an old estate--in Loki, so either Kang’s base was redesigned for the show, or it’s something else entirely...

and lol @ the Thanoscopter :dead:

tod9xk5165h11.jpg

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
i'm reaching, but :mjgrin: in the beginning of the end-credits on episode 5 right after Loki and girl-loki walk to the portal there's something that says "fresh 800 B.C."

'Eternals' set photo leak finally reveals a specific time and setting

On Wednesday, Reddit’s r/MarvelStudiosSpoilers caught one Instagram story posted by Lauren Ridloff, an actor on The Walking Dead who is currently filming Marvel’s The Eternals, slated for release in 2020. Ridloff shared a selfie of herself behind the scenes, showing off a red and green costume for her character, Makkari, a member of the Eternals.

“Guess whose suit this is…” Ridloff wrote. “(Hint: TWD x Marvel)”

The costume is neat! But hanging on a wall behind Ridloff, fans spotted a board that has “Babylon 800 B.C.” typed in what looks like Papyrus font. There’s little other context, but the board vaguely looks like a reference used by the production team to maintain consistency throughout the making of a movie.

That’s crucial for a project like The Eternals. While the plot and story are still shrouded in mystery, much of the film is expected to span thousands of years and depict several time periods, including modern-day. Keeping track of what costumes and props goes where and how they’re supposed to look is especially dire.

Ridloff’s selfie is just the latest evidence that the film will partially take place in ancient Babylon. Back in September, a fan vacationing in Spain stumbled upon the set of The Eternals and took pictures of a replica Ishtar Gate used for the movie. The Ishtar Gate, constructed 575 BCE, was the eighth gate to the city of Babylon. While it no longer exists in present-day Iraq, a reconstructed version made in 1930 can be visited at the Pergamon Museum in Berlin.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm 100% the King Loki is behind all of this....episode 6 will be him explaining how he came into power and then the Loki twins using the power of love to kill him. And when they kiss it will cause a crazy nexus event that leads to the multiverse

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Old man loki telling loki how he played thanos and made him kill a projection may have sparked an idea

Is loki really dead in the current timeline in the mcu? :ohhh:

Btw, rip oldman loki, went out like a champ. Glorious purpose

wat up playa?

livindajetlife

Superstar
Daps
But you gotta realize for the overwhelming fans, today is the very 1st time they have ever seen or heard of a Kid Loki. Thats a DEEEEEEP character reference even basing it on people who have passing knowledge (video games, cartoons, movies) of the Marvel Universe. There isnt anything to guess because the audience has no reference for this character outside of what is being presented. So Mephisto not showing up in a show isnt a negative because i guarantee you MOST of the people watching these shows dont know who that is.

Let me give you an example using my own postings in this thread. When i first saw Boastful Loki, i didnt think that was a Loki, i thought it was a Thor, because he had a hammer and from everything Marvel has presented to me so far Thor has the hammer. The next episode they immediately cleared it up that he was also a Loki because they didnt expect me to carry 50 years of comic knowledge into this show and recognize that character as Boastful Loki.

The comic guru is not the audience here, the show isnt being written for you to figure everything out and be an online hero. Also think about it, YOU REALLY THINK MARVEL IS GOING TO DEBUT MUTANTS, FANTASTIC 4, ETC IN A TV SHOW AND NOT A MOVIE?
That’s what I been trying to say.. these super fans don’t realize they not the only ones watching and they actually aren’t the majority.. never heard of a Mephisto, kid Loki, kang none of that

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
The two things worth a damn were Classic Loki (awesome character and acting by Richard E. Grant :wow:) and the production of Alioth.

The rest is kinda whatever. Sylvie falling for Ravonna's bullshyt was dumb. The weird ass "romantic" (or whatever that is) relationship between our Loki and Sylvie does absolutely nothing for me so all these combos between them end up being cringe worthy instead of valuable character developments.

The dialogue between Ravonna and B-15 was soap opera level bad, the hell was that about? :dead:

This is ending up being a show with very interesting concepts that get introduced, spark my interest and then just put them in the backround as they "have" to throw in some cliche superhero stuff (similar to WV). And that's fine, I get why they do it, fool me twice, shame in me :francis: